• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
So we lost...again. Watching us is increasingly becoming a chore. We’re sleepwalking into a relegation battle.
I don't think you need to be too worried. Us on the other hand...

Don't get me wrong, Norwich are a class side at Championship level but we could have at least made them work for it. Couldn't have been two more contrasting examples of how to handle a relegation. :{

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
I don't think you need to be too worried. Us on the other hand...

Don't get me wrong, Norwich are a class side at Championship level but we could have at least made them work for it. Couldn't have been two more contrasting examples of how to handle a relegation. :{
Rotherham’s games in hand have me a tad worried - that and the fact we’ve still got to play 5 of the 7 teams below us. We’re probably only 4 or 5 points from safety but I just can’t see where they’re coming from.

Norwich look the real deal this season, just as they did two years ago. Our draw away at them a couple of weeks back would have been a very good point had it not followed 6 points from the previous 11 games, and been followed by a further 2 defeats. <(

scotrail158713

Established Member
The schedule for TV games and the like for next weekend's Scottish Cup 4th round have been released and the powers that be have moved the Rangers v Celtic tie to a 4pm kick-off. It's the first time in many years that I can remember these two not having a lunchtime kick-off - all I can say is good luck to anyone in Glasgow next Saturday.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The National League chairman is to step down from his role at the end of the season ahead of a potential vote of no confidence. This is an opportunity for change and work is required to improve the relationship between the clubs and the governing body which has become strained due to how the impact of Corona on non league football and the associated funding challenge has been handled.

BBC: Brian Barwick is to quit his role as National League chairman at the end of the current season.

Barwick, 66, told the National League board of his decision in February.

He faces a possible no confidence vote with some clubs unhappy with the way the league has handled funding issues in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.

PaulMc7

Established Member
The schedule for TV games and the like for next weekend's Scottish Cup 4th round have been released and the powers that be have moved the Rangers v Celtic tie to a 4pm kick-off. It's the first time in many years that I can remember these two not having a lunchtime kick-off - all I can say is good luck to anyone in Glasgow next Saturday.
Apart from when we've (Celtic) played them in midweek cup matches I genuinely can't remember a game against them (Rangers) that wasn't a 12/12:30pm kick off. I was amazed when I seen the announcement but it shows just how much power the TV companies have when it comes to fixture scheduling.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

Apart from when we've (Celtic) played them in midweek cup matches I genuinely can't remember a game against them (Rangers) that wasn't a 12/12:30pm kick off. I was amazed when I seen the announcement but it shows just how much power the TV companies have when it comes to fixture scheduling.

I think in normal times this would be a recipe for disaster. However, the pubs are shut which should at least reduce the opportunity for mixing and mixing generally is frowned upon by the polis so it might not be as bad as it could be. There will still be many numpties out acting up I am sure. Is the game live on council TV or sky?

Last edited:

PaulMc7

Established Member
I think in normal times this would be a recipe for disaster. However, the pubs are shut which should at least reduce the opportunity for mixing and mixing generally is frowned upon by the polis so it might be as bad as it could be. There will still be many numpties out acting up I am sure. Is the game live on council TV or sky?
Premier Sports have it on. They also have Aberdeen v Livingston at 2pm on the Sunday. BBC Scotland have Forfar v Dundee Utd on the Friday night and the early Saturday kick off between Stranraer and Hibernian.

I do think there could still be some trouble here but I agree with you that it could be far less given the current climate.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Premier Sports have it on. They also have Aberdeen v Livingston at 2pm on the Sunday. BBC Scotland have Forfar v Dundee Utd on the Friday night and the early Saturday kick off between Stranraer and Hibernian.

thanks - Feeling a bit detached from football right now and not interested in premier league hype so might have a dig a round and see if i can gt the BBC game on. Havent seen a Scottish game for AGES!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Could they not move it to a place with not many people living in the area....like Cape Wrath.. :)

Loppylugs

thanks - Feeling a bit detached from football right now and not interested in premier league hype so might have a dig a round and see if i can gt the BBC game on. Havent seen a Scottish game for AGES!
Thought you'd have been far more interested in watching your second favourite team Hartlepool playing Notts County !!

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Now is not the time to get too excited with regards the Champions League. Let us see who make it through to the semi-finals and find out who is drawn against each other.
Wait until the tournament is expanded from 32 clubs to 36 in the group stages and see if we can then all contain our collective excitement. :rolleyes:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Tottenham Hotspur 1 ... Manchester United 3

Haven't times changed since the very early days of this season when Spurs won 6-1 away at Old Trafford in the reverse fixture?

A good weekend for Mancunian footie albeit City remain 8 points ahead even if United win against Burnley (anyone's guess whether they will!)

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
European Super League is disgrace and I will stop supporting Arsenal if it goes ahead and we join. Absolutely disgusting behavouir from the big 6. We need to stop the Americanisation of Football.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
European Super League is disgrace and I will stop supporting Arsenal if it goes ahead and we join. Absolutely disgusting behavouir from the big 6. We need to stop the Americanisation of Football.

Agreed, it is pure greed - So if the "big six" want to leave let them. Obvious trade off is banning them and all of their players for all FA/UEFA/FIFA sanctioned competitions..........................

Gary Neville as spot on during his rant about this - obviously we will over look the part Sky have played in developing the PL hype and greed machine!

Established Member
I think the idea of the European Super League is ridiculous.

Gary Neville was absolutely spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotrail158713

Established Member

WatcherZero

Established Member
If it goes ahead, the clubs play between 9 and 13 matches a year in the league, they are kicked out of all other official competitions.
Anyone wanna think how much the ticket prices will have to be to recoup that lost matchday revenue?

Established Member
If it goes ahead, I think I'll be lending my support to Marine instead.

I am genuinely disgusted Liverpool could even consider taking part in this.