• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

For those who want VT Timetables....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I have had them since 9th June, cause I got them from Bournemouth station! ;)

Julian G

Established Member
i've picked the green one which i think is VT1 or VT3?
at last more Voyagers on the West London Line!!! :)
good thinking Virgin

Guinness

Established Member
Green one is VT2 - Runs from Reading/Bournemouth/Brighton - North West/North East/Scotland :P

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
I would have been interested on them but I don't travel with Virgin any more because I don't want to stand in a Voyager or Pendo. The only reason I would have ever gone on a Voyager since they came into service was to see and ride proper trains but now there history I will NEVER use Virgin ever again.

I still don't get why they can't produce one timetable for Cross Country and one for West Coast like they used to in about 1997 then Virgin had PROPER TRAINS.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Finally Virgin move into the age of the internet ;) :)
Jonathan said:
I would have been interested on them but I don't travel with Virgin any more because I don't want to stand in a Voyager or Pendo. The only reason I would have ever gone on a Voyager since they came into service was to see and ride proper trains but now there history I will NEVER use Virgin ever again.

I still don't get why they can't produce one timetable for Cross Country and one for West Coast like they used to in about 1997 then Virgin had PROPER TRAINS.
Well, they do (or at least someone does), table 65 is the West Coast timetable, and table 51 is West Coast. Unfortunately the only way I know of to get these full timetables is to buy the National Rail Timetable :(

At least they have 2 of their 3 summary booklets online, 'Birmingham-Manchester, York, Reading and Bristol' and 'Scotland-North West England-The West Midlands', but there's no sign of the London-Crewe[1] summary!

[1] This came in very useful last Summer when I used to often go back to York via Tamworth, Nuneaton/Leicester or Manchester when an 87 was running, but I doubt I'd have any use for that timetable now.

Guinness

Established Member
They do produce entire booklets of them - They're just really hard to get. I picked up my 2002 copy at Euston years ago. They print more when there are major changes to the timetable.

I emailed Virgin to ask why they didn't have timetables on there site (Which I emailed them ages ago) and they came back with so people wouldn't use the wrong tickets on trains etc. so they had to used the Automatic system.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Chaz said:
I emailed Virgin to ask why they didn't have timetables on there site (Which I emailed them ages ago) and they came back with so people wouldn't use the wrong tickets on trains etc. so they had to used the Automatic system.
That must be the most bizarre excuse ever! :shock:

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Chaz said:
They do produce entire booklets of them - They're just really hard to get. I picked up my 2002 copy at Euston years ago. They print more when there are major changes to the timetable.

Yeah, I grabbed a copy in Torquay train station, at the time when the Manchester Olympics were on. Incidently, I had travelled down on a 47+mk2 :) set all the way from Manchester Piccadilly to Paignton direct. I remember doing H-O around Nuneaton as well, but I'm afraid I didn't get the loco's number :(

Return though was on a crappy AW 158 set from Weston Super Mare, via Ludlow. :( I hate long distance 158's- I think AW is one of the biggest offenders of this "rule". (I'm thinking of their 10:50 Man Picc to Pnz)

jd

For those who want VT timetables....

DON'T BOTHER!!! - timetables don't mean a great deal to Virgin anyway! ;)

evil_hippo

0902 Penrith-Piccadilly. Perfect for me.

oh, and, on a saturday...

0834 from Penrith! Absoloutley perfect! :D Couldn't ask for better!

voyagerdude220

Established Member
AlexS said:
Yes, but doesn't that train take quite a while by bumbling along via Bolton?

Probablly does, but Voyagers can easily do Man Picc to Bolton in around 15 mins, so it should be the same in the other direction, although there's obviouslly the congestion issue.

I notied the 12:46 from Bolton to Man Picc, so i'll probablly jump on that instead of a Northern from Salford Cres, whilst going between Blackburn & Man Picc, the 1st class lounge, and then onwards towards Somerset. (23 Dec) Just a shame i couldn't get Value 1st fares on the 14:24 class 90 diagram, but I'm not bothered about Voyagers at all, hence my name.

ChrisM

jd said:
For those who want VT timetables....

DON'T BOTHER!!! - timetables don't mean a great deal to Virgin anyway! ;)

Agree,travelled on yet another late running Virgin XC service to Bournemouth on friday.
It arrived 32 minutes late which seems to be normal at the moment.

T

Tom

Ooh you had that experience too Chris?

I was in one which was late when it arrived so it was 10 minutes delayed for its return!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
voyagerdude220 said:
Chaz said:

Yeah, I grabbed a copy in Torquay train station, at the time when the Manchester Olympics were on. Incidently, I had travelled down on a 47+mk2 :) set all the way from Manchester Piccadilly to Paignton direct. I remember doing H-O around Nuneaton as well, but I'm afraid I didn't get the loco's number :(

Return though was on a crappy AW 158 set from Weston Super Mare, via Ludlow. :( I hate long distance 158's- I think AW is one of the biggest offenders of this "rule". (I'm thinking of their 10:50 Man Picc to Pnz)

Don't boast...47s and MK2s on VXC, oh how I'd love that...

Oh, and for the forum's benefit, ATW aren't the worst offender in terms of long-distance DMUs. WSX often run Cardiff to Portsmouth 150s on their own, but more so, 150s are often out on the Penzance to Portsmouth and return run! Now THAT is bad!

Why did you go via Ludlow if you don't like long-distance 158s? Why not get a direct service back via the way you came down on?

Finally, in case anyone forgot, the ATW North West to Penzance and West Wales to Penzance runs are now officially over. The 1050 off Manchester will not run to Penzance any more. In fact, it should be a new lot of times completely to Cardiff now.

ChrisM

tubechallenger said:
Ooh you had that experience too Chris?

I was in one which was late when it arrived so it was 10 minutes delayed for its return!
That's seems to be almost normal now.
I was talking to a guy at Bournemouth who wasn't happey because the Virgin service left on time :shock: and he was late and missed it. :lol:

class 313

Established Member
Jonathan said:

what are you on about the pendo's are good the best emu ive seen so far! the 1st class is great! why dont you like them? plus these pendo's scream as they acclerate 8)

devon_metro

Established Member
class 313 said:
Jonathan said:

what are you on about the pendo's are good the best emu ive seen so far! the 1st class is great! why dont you like them? plus these pendo's scream as they acclerate 8)

They're plastic, took away loco hauled services and break down frequently ;)

EDIT: What would you prefer; a 'pendo scream' or 90s, 86s,87s and 47 scream?

class 313

Established Member
wat a question eh :lol: for me its a scream of a pendo 8) , but plastic is good, = lighter wich = fatser acceleration. but i do hate the voyager... it is so ugly! and yet so small for the routes it does! dont you agree? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.