• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Former VTEC - LNER Trainee

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtradj

Anyone else from the vtec lot who were originally offered a position for it to be subsequently withdrawn receive an email today regarding the trainee positions at today?

Internal only. Which I must say is hard to take considering we were assured any trainee roles we would be first to apply them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lincdsg

Yeah I got the same email too. If you haven't already I'd try and apply for other toc's, I suspect you're going to have a long wait with lner. I applied and got a position with another toc and I am nearing the end of my training now. Good luck

FManc

The whole thing is laughable really! I think they said they’ll accept test passes for a total of three years but there’s under 12 months left for most people I’d hazard a guess at. I’ve managed to secure a trainee position at my current TOC so it’s worked out better for me in a bizzare way! I hope the majority have managed to find something as well - it’s been a very long road.

heedfan

Yeah I had the same email. Quite frustrating. But as some of you have said, I’ve been fortunate to start working with another TOC and the psychometric passes I carried over from VTEC certainly helped to expedite that process. Every cloud, and all that.

Duns2208

Good to see most of you have got sorted at other TOCs. Fingers crossed for everyone else still out there looking

Sirgerbil

I would not hang around waiting for LNER, get your applications in elsewhere when you can. The email we received this morning (internal) stated they would only recruit external if they didn't fill via internal and that would be towards the back end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.