• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fort William seated sleeper fully booked for summer 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

els

Hi all, I'm trying to book a space on the seated sleeper from London to Fort William for early July, but using www.sleeper.scot it seems to be fully booked not only during this period but every day I try during summer 2015.

Is it genuinely this popular, or is there some other reason it appears to be fully booked?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotraildriver

Established Member
I noticed this too but the seated coach is almost NEVER full, and definately not this far in advance. Give them a call, I suspect a website issue.

HarleyDavidson

Established Member
I thought you can only book seats & tickets 12 weeks in advance?

Last edited:

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
This may be a technical issue. Seated Fort William [FTW] portion passengers have to transfer at Edinburgh [EDB] on to the Aberdeen [ABD] portion. Sometimes a glitch in the system sees these as two separate trains and because EDB is not an official pick up point the system will not allow you a reservation from there.

A similar thing used to happen with the Transpennine service from EDB & Glasgow [GLC] to Manchester [MAN] (portions joining at Carlisle [CAR])

See if you can book from FTW to EDB & Inverkeithing [INK] to London [EUS] to check if the reservation system is working for those journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.