• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forthcoming All Line Rover - Any benefit which company to book with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobytronic

Yes, tickets are here and I have the shape of the week sorted with reservations.

A few niggles getting them as the staff at the local station were a bit reluctant to knock off lots of reservations at once and needed me to go away an fill in a form! I only went to ask when is quiet to come back to sort them out! But, and a big but, I returned and they were happy to assist and a third and fourth visit gave them time knock them off. Even got an apology for the initial reluctance.

A couple are needing a revisit though but where we have ended up separated, etc but could just be because we made them late and one was missed!

Either way, thanks to Wakefield Travel Centre Staff - they came through in the end and were very helpful.

As for the route with Sun 13/6 start

1. Wakefield-Edin-Settle-Carlisle-Wakefield - Leisure Travel
2. Wakefield-KX-Birm-Cardiff(wag express)-Shrewsbury-Birm-Euston-Paddington-Penzance(sleeper). - Wag & Sleeper
3. Penzance(Pullman)-Padd-KX-Wakefield. - Nice lunch then home to bed
4. Wakefield-Peterborough-Norwich-Liverpool St-St.Pancras-East Mids PWay-Sheffield-Doncaster-KX-Euston-Aviemore - Sleeper
5. Aviemore (highland chieftain)-Edinburgh-York-KX-Wakefield- MAY CHANGE
6. Wakefield to Newquay - Dinner at Jamie Olivers Fifteen on the beach- a treat!
7. Newquay-Paddington-KX-Wakefield

A few of these may change but this is the main chassis. I've left Scotland for next time and this trip is based on Wakefield based 2 day jaunts.:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I did a Standard Class ALR a few years ago and got a load of reservations from a friendly booking office clerk with no problems whatsoever.

I think there was only one train where I actually sat in my reserved seat for the journey, in most cases the train wasn't as busy as I thought it might be and I was able to find a better unreserved seat. Sometimes I changed my plans on the hoof and obviously ended up on a service with no reservation.

As it happens I'm off to Scotland next week doing a 4 in 8 travelpass.

tobytronic

Yes, we're hoping the same will be the case. Weekdays business travellers often have hopeful reservations - I know I do so we'll hopefully see plenty of empty seats in the afternoon and evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.