• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Staffing Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom B

Established Member
Dear all

Having been part of the forum team since it was established 5 1/2 years ago, it's unfortunately time for me to hang up the keys and slink away into the sidelines. Various things outwith the forum mean I have had little time to regularly dedicate to it, so I've decided to step down as an admin. We've come a long way since I joined, and become a far better forum than ever I had imagined. All the best to the forum and members for the future - here's to 2011!

(I'll still be lurking around and posting, of course :) )

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Thanks for all the work you put into the Forum, keeping everything in order behind the scenes to make this place a great website for all :D

Without wanting to seem disrespectful, is there/will their be a replacement lined up?

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I echo your words Matt - in the year I have been here on the forum its been a brilliant time and all the staff do a brilliant job!

Sad to hear that you feel the need to step down, Tom although you do seem 'silent' posting wise I know the background work you do is tremendous!

Thank You.

Aictos

Established Member
Thanks for all the work you put into the Forum, keeping everything in order behind the scenes to make this place a great website for all :D

Without wanting to seem disrespectful, is there/will their be a replacement lined up?

Seconded, :)

Dai.

Established Member
Thank you ever so much for your time! - It was a pleasure having you here!

Glad to hear you'll still post here in the future and yeah, lets hope the forum gets bigger and better, louder and funnier in the future.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Tom is the second-longest serving staff member having been with us almost from the beginning. He started out as a forum moderator of the Simulations forums in the second month of the forum's operation in July 2005 and when we simplified our staffing structure in November 2005 to have just Administrators and Moderators, Tom became a Global Moderator along with myself.

He was appointed to his current Administrator position in September 2006.

He played a vital role throughout many stages of the forum's life and provided much needed support when required at difficult times in the past and I feel the forum would not be in the strong position it currently is without him.

Dai.

Established Member
Tom is the second-longest serving staff member having been with us almost from the beginning. He started out as a forum moderator of the Simulations forums in the second month of the forum's operation in July 2005 and when we simplified our staffing structure in November 2005 to have just Administrators and Moderators, Tom became a Global Moderator along with myself.

He was appointed to his current Administrator position in September 2006.

He seems like he was a very good choice to have on the team! Someone like him wouldn't need replacing though, I don't think. Never really need loads of administrators do you.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks Tom for your help in the last 5 1/2 years! Glad to hear you'll still be around and posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.