• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum time out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor7

This is something I find frustrating......

I log on most days and always go straight to 'new posts' and catch up (flick over) on everything that has been discussed since my last visit.

If however I want to respond to a post, and it requires more than a brief response I am timed out when I come to submit the post. Now this in itself is not a problem as if I sign in again it automatically places my post.

The problem I have is that all the remaining 'new posts' have gone.
Is there a reason we get timed out so quickly?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Yeah, the option to stay logged in is the only way to avoid it. I've never timed the timeout, but I don't think it allows an idle time of more than 10-15 minutes or so from experience

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Don't know if it's just the Internet this way but when posting atm it's a little sluggish from clicking the button to post/reply to when the post/thread appears

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Has anyone noticed that the server seems to have been returning "too busy" errors quite regularly over the last few days?

I don't recall it ever happening before that.

Liam

Established Member
Has anyone noticed that the server seems to have been returning "too busy" errors quite regularly over the last few days?

I don't recall it ever happening before that.

Yes, both last night around 1am and this evening arround half 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.