• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forwarned is forarmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxcc

hypothetical case

Have purchase advance return ticket london-york specified train each way

Should this strike go ahead and the trains i am due to travel on be cancelled can i travel on other LNER services with no penalty should ghey bre available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
hypothetical case

Have purchase advance return ticket london-york specified train each way

Should this strike go ahead and the trains i am due to travel on be cancelled can i travel on other LNER services with no penalty should ghey bre available?
Yes, any other LNER service that does your specified route.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If the train on which you have an Advance booked is cancelled, you can generally take the train (or connection, doesn't have to be direct) of the same TOC immediately before or after your original booked time (your choice), or you can choose a refund without admin fee and not travel.

The TOC may of course put other things in place as well.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Usually restrictions would be lifted for a strike day to permit people to set off earlier if they need to in order to complete their journey under the limited timetable. Also tickets are usually accepted without charge the day before the strike begins and the day after. Obviously there's no guarantee of these being repeated but I'd expect them to be in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.