• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FOSS rover and Devon Day ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

baza585

Probably covered before but I can't find anything relevant.

I am planning a FOSS day out on a Saturday, and want to add on a Devon Day ranger. The border station is Riverton Parkway. Assuming I can purchase the Devon Day Ranger en route ( and how likely is that please given ticket checks not taking place), does my train need to stop at TIV or not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nunners

Probably covered before but I can't find anything relevant.

I am planning a FOSS day out on a Saturday, and want to add on a Devon Day ranger. The border station is Riverton Parkway. Assuming I can purchase the Devon Day Ranger en route ( and how likely is that please given ticket checks not taking place), does my train need to stop at TIV or not?
No, your train does not have to stop at Tiverton Parkway (TVP).

National Rail conditions of travel:

14.2. If you are using a Season Ticket, daily Zonal Ticket, or another area based Ticket such as a concessionary pass, ranger or rover in conjunction with another Ticket and the last station at which one Ticket is valid and the first station that the other Ticket is valid are the same, then the train does not need to call at that station for your combination to be valid.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
how likely is that please given ticket checks not taking place
The only TOC in the FOSS area that's not returned guards to revenue duties is TfW. You should be perfectly fine to buy your ticket from any other TOC's guards.

geoffk

Established Member
Can someone to confirm please that the Devon Day Ranger is available with a Senior Railcard discount, as the GWR website does not mention one. I'm sure it was shown in last years rover ticket supplement issued with Today's Railway's UK but this is not a rail industry publication and TR does not seem to have issued one this year.

_toommm_

Established Member
Can someone to confirm please that the Devon Day Ranger is available with a Senior Railcard discount, as the GWR website does not mention one. I'm sure it was shown in last years rover ticket supplement issued with Today's Railway's UK but this is not a rail industry publication and TR does not seem to have issued one this year.

Indeed it is - £43.00 and £58.40 for the 3-in-7 and 8-in-respectively:

Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Indeed it is - £43.00 and £58.40 for the 3-in-7 and 8-in-respectively:

They don’t appear to be day rangers.

Alex365Dash

A Devon Day Ranger is eligible for the Senior Railcard discount, and with it that’ll set you back £9.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.