• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fotopic Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Nope, I really don't. I hit the homepage, yeah, but never the actual photos.

Gizmogle

Established Member
My F5 key however, is quite worn down from checking my little hit box :p

Z12XE

The fact the 50webs and other sites were up whilst fotopic was down for days...

I dont think being part of some free host is anything to be smug about, whether its up or down.

If people want a decent host, then get some proper webspace where you can take frequent backups and should the worst happen and the provider disappear you can take that backup to a host using a similar software package (like cpanel for example) and it can be put back easily.

I know you can now take backups of Fotopic, but what are the changes that said backups would be useless anywhere other than Fotopic?

Gizmogle

Established Member
I've used the backup tool, and it just saves everything into folders by collection name, with little notepad files containing descriptions.

Even if they are useless elsewhere, you can still enter the info manually if worst comes to worst.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
It's a bit, err, flashy... :lol:

Looks good, but I found the navigation to be a bit of a pain in the arse.
Yeah navigation is a bit of a pain for me as well. The software is being tested by me and the admins/mods of Goingloco.org, plus we have the commercial licence so will modify to suit our needs, watch this space ;)

bluenoxid

Established Member
Yeah navigation is a bit of a pain for me as well. The software is being tested by me and the admins/mods of Goingloco.org, plus we have the commercial licence so will modify to suit our needs, watch this space ;)

I have to admit navigation is a bit wick.

bluenoxid

Established Member
Probably is. It's just a small thing I say, much to the amusement of people who know me.

Status
Not open for further replies.