• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Franchising Devolution to Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtc

Veteran Member
The only place served, with a significant population, after crossing the border is Hereford, until Shrewsbury is reached

Although of course the WAG Express doesn't stop at this large English station because its not a priority

I think that small towns like Ludlow; Leominster and Church Stretton are well served under the present set up

Well, they've lost their direct services to Bristol and beyond, with the current obsession with running every train to Cardiff- something that a WAG-run franchise is hardly likely to change

The importance of the interface with the Cambrian should not be overlooked either

The connections to the Cambrian clearly have been overlooked, given how badly they co-ordinate with most Marches services, so I'm not sure what you mean?

Could XC (or anyone else) do a worse job of co-ordinating with Cambrian services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rhydgaled

Established Member
I am talking about a seperate brand name (sorry should have made that clearer in my earlier post) especially since it did prove popular when the Valley lines were a seperate brand in the past. This will include the Maesteg & Ebbw Vale services as well.
One problem with a ValleyLines brand for me is that I wouldn't stop at that. I'd lump together most (if not all) all-stations services in south-east Wales (and into England):
  • Cardiff Valleys
  • Ebbw Vale & Maesteg
  • Vale Of Glamorgan Lines
  • Swansea valleys (new services on frieght lines, Aberdare - Neath - Swansea / Swansea - Amanford etc.)
  • Swansea - Cardiff and Cardiff - Cheltenham stoppers
  • Cardiff - Abergavenny/Hereford local services (new services, if they can be pathed)

Big difference is that ScotRail don't operate any services wholly within England (and there are virtually no services by "English" TOCs wholly within Scotland, apart from a couple of placing journeys to get Craigentinny based stock to Aberdeen).
The existance of England-only services in the franchise can be fixed, if we ignore rolling stock constraints anyway. Crewe - Shrewsbury could become part of the HOWL service, or a new service between Cardiff and Crewe could be introduced to take over that route. Shrewsbury - Woverhampton is Sundays only anyway, give LM the job since they do it during the week anyhow. That leaves Crewe-Chester, which I think should be combined into the Llandudno service, with the Manchesters going to Holyhead instead of Llandudno.

compare the obsession with Holyhead - Cardiff with the stagnation in service provision from Chester to Manchester.
Chester to Manchester I don't think is as badly off as Shrewsbury/Swansea/Cardiff to Manchester. While I think the Llandudno/Chester to Manchester services are nearly all 175/1 (3-car), the south Wales - Manchesters have several 175/0 (2-car) diagrams. Friday 8th March's 15:30 Manchester departure (to Pembroke Dock) was full, and standing (not just in the vestubles) when we reached Shrewsbury (can't remember at what point it got that bad, but judging by the number waiting to board the suituation wasn't looking like getting any better for a while).

Come on ATW, get together some rakes of those mrk2s you have tucked away, hire some 37s to stick on each end (ATW's mrk2s are through-wired for top&tail 37 multiple working I believe) and get them on some Manchesters, hopefully ensuring all Manchesters are either LHCS or 3-car 175s.

If "Trenau Cymru"* becomes a ScotRail-type for Wales, then there will be many a unit freed up from Northern Wales for the rest of England, and that'll be good news for Northern Rail.
Why would Wales taking over the franchise release stock? The Welsh franchise needs more 158s (and some 156s), not less. Also, I think Rheilffordd Cymru (assuming it is pronounced Railforrreth) has a better ring to it than Trenau Cymru.

On a much less bitter note the livery and name for the new operator would be interesting. two I think are most possible to be chosen are Trenau Cymru (Welsh Trains) and Rheilffyrdd Cymru (Welsh Railways) and for the livery I could see an updated Valley Lines one being used. Although the 67 + Carriages would look good in a livery of black and gold if we use the colours of the St David cross
Certainly for local services, a livery based on the ValleyLines one would be good. To save repainting though, the 158s and Gerald could just have the lighter semi-circles that give away Arriva's involvment vyinaled over to match the dark teal of the rest of the set.

I've attached a number of photoshoped images illustratrating ideas for liveries (the base images, in most cases, are lifted from wikipedia rather than taken my be, but I did the photoshoping)

Manchester-Shrewsbury and Manchester-Chester are neglected
In what way is Manchester-Chester neglected? As I said above, they seem to use 3-car 175s for most Llandudno - Manchesters. Admittedly, even a 3-car 175 is probably insufficent, but not as bad as 2-car 175s on the Manchester - Swansea section. There's not much more ATW could do is there? Only their mrk2s and perhaps a 150 or two are spare, and you'd probably only get two 5-car diagrams (with a third 5-car rake spare) out of the mrk2 fleet, which would help and should be done but there's not alot else they could do I think. I do wonder whether the Chester - Cardiff portion of Holyhead - Cardiff services ever need more than a 2-car 175 though, so if you seperated that from the Chester - Holyhead leg they might be able to diagram 3-car 175s to the busier sections/services more effectively.

There's hundreds of miles of lines served by ATW trains in England. How would these be catered for under a Welsh controlled franchise? Would, for instance, Manchester to South Wales be worked by CrossCountry or London Midland between Manchester and Hereford with a change of operator there?
Manchester - Swansea could work with either the Wales franchise or CrossCountry in charge I suppose. London Midland is an all-suburban franchise at the moment, but even if you gave them some regional express stock Manchester - Swansea is a bit out of their area.

In a few years time, once we've had electrification of the Valley Lines and out to Swansea, there's an argument (from an operational perspective) of giving the (mainly electrified) South Wales routes to the Greater Western franchise (plus a handful of DMUs for Swansea - Pembroke/ Fishguard/ Milford/ HOWL) - that would encourage EMUs along the M4 corridor (Swansea to Bristol etc).

You'd then have a diesel TOC running the remainder of Welsh services, or maybe split them into the current Northern/ LM/ XC services. However, the politicians wouldn't like that.
I think making the mainline services in south Wales (and local services west of Swansea) part of the Great Western franchise could be a good idea, geographicly it seems to make sense. I wouldn't include the HOWL though, the Wales (& Borders) franchise can keep that provided a shared depot for class 156 DMUs can be established at Swansea for the use of both operators. Similarly, I think the Wales (& Borders) should keep most of the ValleyLines services. How about giving the Great Western Franchise the following:
  • Pembrokeshire/Carmarthen to Swansea (156s, maybe 150s on shuttles between Swansea - Carmarthen and Pembroke Dock/Fishguard - Whitland/Carmarthen if there are any such shuttles)
  • Pembrokeshire/Carmarthen to Portsmouth and Cardiff (158s)
  • Swansea to London (electric)
  • Cardiff to Cheltenham Spa (165s perhaps, but electrification would be better)

There's a multi-million pound consultancy and design fee going for someone able to makle "WB/CG" into a viable logo.....
I've already had a stab myself (see one of the attached images, although my Welsh spelling is no good and needs fixing), they can have the design at no charge if they want provided they stop using 150s (and any other suburban-style units we may get) for long-distance or express services and use 158s or mrk2/mrk3 LHCS instead.

The only change has been Welsh Assembly Government becoming Welsh Government, which necessitated a change of vinyls on the refurbed 158s.
They hadn't actually put the old WAG vinyls on many units when they stopped, leaving a blank space on the side of the units until the new vinyls appeared.

It seems to me from reading many threads on this site about Welsh railways that people are more concerned about cross border services than internal services!
The way the network is laid out since the heavy cuts is primarily extractive. Most lines flow east-west, leading to England, and with the exception of south west Wales the large settlements at the eastern end of these flows (Shrewsbury and Chester) are over the border in England. I'm not sure whether the layout of the rail network has really contributed to the fact the highest demand is for cross-border travel or whether that would be just as much the case if we actually had a rail network that could supply internal Welsh services.

Attachments

• Wales-Timetable-1-Swansea---Cardiff-cover-web.jpg
    Wales-Timetable-1-Swansea---Cardiff-cover-web.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Express_Wales 158.jpg
    Express_Wales 158.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 23
  • alphaline Wales - a new idea.jpg
    alphaline Wales - a new idea.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Valleys_Wales 153.jpg
    Valleys_Wales 153.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Welsh Electrification - CardiffCentral 377 -02.jpg
    Welsh Electrification - CardiffCentral 377 -02.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Gerald TrawsCymru.jpg
    Gerald TrawsCymru.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 20
  • TrawsCymru 175 -v2.jpg
    TrawsCymru 175 -v2.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Valleys_Wales Alphaline 158.jpg
    Valleys_Wales Alphaline 158.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 19

tbtc

Veteran Member
In what way is Manchester-Chester neglected?

It's still the same hourly service that it was when ATW inherited it, despite the frequency improvements to other services in the old FNW area - easy to forget about when you run things from Cardiff

London Midland is an all-suburban franchise at the moment

London to Birmingham?

London to Crewe?

Birmingham to Liverpool?

Birmingham to Hereford?

110mph EMUs?

All-suburban?

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Manchester - Swansea could work with either the Wales franchise or CrossCountry in charge I suppose. London Midland is an all-suburban franchise at the moment, but even if you gave them some regional express stock Manchester - Swansea is a bit out of their area.

LM serve Crewe, Shrewsbury and Hereford. Manchester-Stone-Birmingham is a potential future LM route. I'd say north of Hereford the route fits just as well with LM as it does with ATW.

LM also have 3 car 170s which would fit better on Manchester-Hereford/South Wales than on some of the services they use 170s on currently.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's still the same hourly service that it was when ATW inherited it, despite the frequency improvements to other services in the old FNW area - easy to forget about when you run things from Cardiff

To add to that- Crewe-North Wales sees a lot less through services than it did under FNW due to Wrexham getting an enhanced service. Therefore, if you're travelling between somewhere like Wilmslow or Manchester Airport and Llandudno you're now almost certainly going to go via Manchester and Warrington when previously you might have gone via Crewe.

Michael.Y

Established Member
Fair enough - it didn't for a long time as obviously Colwyn Bay and Rhyl were more important than tiny Hereford. I wonder why those on the Marches line aren't keen for the WAG to take control Michael?

It's an open access train designed to connect Welsh locations run at the behest of the WG introduced under a North Walian nationalist transport minister that until recently missed out a couple of stops in England. I doubt you can use it as a yardstick to either measure or beat the whole franchise with.

As for the Marches, I think they're served quite well considering. They're certainly served better than the Swanline, Pembroke branch, Milford Haven branch, Fishguard, Conwy Valley, Heart of Wales; and are served as well if not better than Maesteg, Cheltenham, Ebbw Vale and Llandudno Junction - Holyhead. There are excellent and frequent connection options at both Crewe and Newport either end of the line for the apparently desired locations of Bristol and Liverpool. Aside from the Valleys, is there any other part of the W&B network that is served as well / frequently with the best stock available?

tbtc

Veteran Member
It's an open access train designed to connect Welsh locations run at the behest of the WG introduced under a North Walian nationalist transport minister that until recently missed out a couple of stops in England. I doubt you can use it as a yardstick to either measure or beat the whole franchise with

Its evidence of the kind of priorities that the WAG have (linking Holyhead to Cardiff without stopping at relatively busy English stations)

As for the Marches, I think they're served quite well considering. They're certainly served better than the Swanline, Pembroke branch, Milford Haven branch, Fishguard, Conwy Valley, Heart of Wales; and are served as well if not better than Maesteg, Cheltenham, Ebbw Vale and Llandudno Junction - Holyhead. There are excellent and frequent connection options at both Crewe and Newport either end of the line for the apparently desired locations of Bristol and Liverpool. Aside from the Valleys, is there any other part of the W&B network that is served as well / frequently with the best stock available?

Unlike the majority of examples that you've given, the Marches line has lost some useful direct links (Bristol, Liverpool). Hereford to Bristol ought to be a busy enough route today, but the withdrawal of all direct services will have killed off much of that market.

The "you can always change at Crewe" argument never seems to apply to the potential Cardiff - Holyhead passengers, of course

Michael.Y

Established Member
Its evidence of the kind of priorities that the WAG have (linking Holyhead to Cardiff without stopping at relatively busy English stations)
No, it's evidence of ONE priority which the WG had and now, by stopping at Chester, Shrewsbury and Hereford, has remedied.

Unlike the majority of examples that you've given, the Marches line has lost some useful direct links (Bristol, Liverpool). Hereford to Bristol ought to be a busy enough route today, but the withdrawal of all direct services will have killed off much of that market.

The "you can always change at Crewe" argument never seems to apply to the potential Cardiff - Holyhead passengers, of course

Why not run a service from Hereford to Bristol via Worcester and the Cross Country route? Why is no-one lobbying FGW for that?

Squaddie

They're the Welsh government, so of course they have an interest in promoting travel between the different parts of Wales, and I don't think there are many - if any - busy English stations that the Holyhead-Cardiff trains pass through without stopping.

Incidentally, the devolved legislature in Wales has been known simply as the Welsh Government for almost two years: the acronym WAG is no longer meaningful.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Why not run a service from Hereford to Bristol via Worcester and the Cross Country route? Why is no-one lobbying FGW for that?

This is a "Borders" route, why shouldn't the "Borders" franchise be responsible for it? After all, the stock was taken by ATW for the bi-hourly Cardiff - Holyhead service.

Running via Worcester and Gloucester would be incredibly slow:

• Bristol to Great Malvern - 1h50
  • Great Malvern to Hereford - 35m
  • =2h25m

• Bristol to Newport - 40m
  • Newport to Hereford - 50m
  • = 1h30

(some of the W&W services took the avoiding chord at Newport so cut off a bit of the journey time)

So even if there were space on the single track between Worcester and Hereford, you'd take around an hour longer. Much better to get Wales & Borders to run it.
They're the Welsh government, so of course they have an interest in promoting travel between the different parts of Wales

...which is exactly why they shouldn't be responsible for the Wales & Borders franchise.

the acronym WAG is no longer meaningful

As previously explained, nobody complains when Welsh members of this Forum refer to the WAG or the WAG Express...

Michael.Y

Established Member
Well quite clearly Newport / STJ - Bristol is now no longer part of the "Borders" route, it's part of the Greater Western franchise area. So unless you want to redraw the franchise map, we're stuck with it. In which case, your beef is with the ORR, not WG.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Well quite clearly Newport / STJ - Bristol is now no longer part of the "Borders" route, it's part of the Greater Western franchise area. So unless you want to redraw the franchise map, we're stuck with it. In which case, your beef is with the ORR, not WG.

...and fairly clearly the route from Newport to Hereford is not part of the FGW franchise.

I think that its obvious that Hereford to Bristol is a "Borders" route and should therefore be run by Wales & Borders. What's the problem with that?

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
...and fairly clearly the route from Newport to Hereford is not part of the FGW franchise.

I think that its obvious that Hereford to Bristol is a "Borders" route and should therefore be run by Wales & Borders. What's the problem with that?

NR's Wales route owns the Severn Tunnel and almost to Patchway.
It's odd that the W&B franchise does not operate through the tunnel, at least as far as Bristol.
It will be interesting if the map changes with electrification.

Michael.Y

Established Member

No problem, if the route existed, which it currently doesn't, then of course it would be a W&B route. But it doesn't, and can't under the current franchise map because FGW run ALL Cardiff services to BTM outside of the odd XC Voyager. It's pretty simple really. And to be honest, working that route daily, there are still people travelling Marches > Bristol who have no problems negotiating the short yet comfortable change at Newport, so your assertion that the market has been killed is frankly disingenuous.
It's odd that the W&B franchise does not operate through the tunnel, at least as far as Bristol.

Well it used to, but doesn't any more, more to do with FGW taking over Wessex's routes than W&B giving up ex-Wales & West routes.

Gwenllian2001

The connections to the Cambrian clearly have been overlooked, given how badly they co-ordinate with most Marches services, so I'm not sure what you mean?

Could XC (or anyone else) do a worse job of co-ordinating with Cambrian services?

I wasn't suggesting that the connections with the Cambrian, at Shrewsbury, are good. They must be improved.
[/LIST]

Originally Posted by Squaddie
They're the Welsh government, so of course they have an interest in promoting travel between the different parts of Wales…..

...which is exactly why they shouldn't be responsible for the Wales & Borders franchise.

So what kind of twisted logic leads you to that conclusion?

tbtc

Veteran Member
there are still people travelling Marches > Bristol who have no problems negotiating the short yet comfortable change at Newport

Funny how some people think its okay for one group of passengers to change trains but not others

So what kind of twisted logic leads you to that conclusion?

Squaddie said that "They're the Welsh government, so of course they have an interest in promoting travel between the different parts of Wales".

I'm trying to explain that a body only interested in promoting travel between bits of Wales is going to be fairly biased when it comes to running the Wales & Borders franchise...

...just like if you put Centro (West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority) in charge of the current LM franchise I wouldn't expect them to look after the parts of the TOC that fall outside the West Midlands.

Seems fairly obvious that the current Wales & Borders TOC has been more interested in the "Wales" part than the "Borders" part, and giving control to Cardiff Bay is only going to make things worse.

Michael.Y

Established Member
I think we're not going to get a sane answer from this guy/girl/troll.

I've asked this before, but, being from Sheffield, what do you care?

Gareth Marston

Established Member

I've asked this before, but, being from Sheffield, what do you care?

I'm sitting here wearing my Wales rugby shirt in Wales by the way folks.

Expecting people from Hereford (and other marches places) to change for Bristol whilst the relatively small numbers of North to South Wales travelers get 9 through trains a day is sheer hypocrisy. The through trains to Bristol & beyond from the Marches before the W&B franchise were well loaded and well used - unlike most of the North to south trains leaving aside local flows served en route.

I will keep stressing this if the Borders are part of the franchise then they have to representation at decision making level it cannot be Cardiff's call alone.

Gwenllian2001

Yes, I'm sure that you're right. I never wanted 'privatisation' but we are, for the time being, where we are and the fact is that the Marches line is very well served by ATW and is flourishing. Cardiff, with its City Centre station, is a very popular destination to the people of Hereford, particularly the young. So someone must be doing something right.

If anyone wants to go to Bristol, a simple change at Newport is hardly a burden.

The line is the only practical way to get from South to North Wales and always was the least worst option. I think that we can agree that the Cambrian connections should be improved.

There is, of course, the Central Wales line but wandering west to Llanelli before heading north is hardly an incentive for anyone living east of Swansea.

Of course the Welsh Government has an interest in how, and what, train services are provided. It would be very odd if it didn't! The Government is there to serve the best interests of Wales and, as such, the Borders part of the franchise is very important.

Compare that to FGW, which is managed from England. It is guilty of ignoring the needs of the heavily populated and almost continuously urban West - East route between Swansea and Cardiff. The dearth of evening services west of Cardiff is testament to that.

The idea that the W&B franchise should be turned over to a 'not for profit' company, on the lines of Welsh Water, is interesting and, in my opinion, should be given a try. They might even promote a service to Sheffield with a change at Hereford and a lousy connection at Shrewsbury.
I'm sitting here wearing my Wales rugby shirt in Wales by the way folks. I will keep stressing this if the Borders are part of the franchise then they have to representation at decision making level it cannot be Cardiff's call alone.

What makes you think that anyone, anywhere, has a right to 'representation' when it comes to drawing up franchises? Of course,those nice people in Westminster gave us a chance to say what we wanted when they set up this expensive and complicated mess but I must have missed that.

I'm sure that the pitch forks are being brandished all over rural Herefordshire and Shropshire. Perhaps they would prefer someone like FGW. Well, good luck to them, because their services across south Wales are an insult.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
I'm not sure what the extent of the FNW area was, or what the old frequencies where, but the key question behind running more Wales&Borders franchise services between Chester and Manchester is 'are there spare paths?' followed closely by 'where's the rolling stock?'.

London to Birmingham?

London to Crewe?

Birmingham to Liverpool?

Birmingham to Hereford?

110mph EMUs?

All-suburban?
Ok, that was a bit hasty of me, perhaps I got that one wrong. All their rolling stock is suburban though, except 153s (I forgot they still had those).

LM serve Crewe, Shrewsbury and Hereford. Manchester-Stone-Birmingham is a potential future LM route. I'd say north of Hereford the route fits just as well with LM as it does with ATW.
North of Hereford I suppose it might fit, but spliting the service at Hereford doesn't make much sense to me, and running to Swansea (perhaps even Cardiff) is well out of their area.

Incidentally, the devolved legislature in Wales has been known simply as the Welsh Government for almost two years: the acronym WAG is no longer meaningful.
As far as I know, their elected members are still known as Assembly Ministers (AMs) and the title 'National Assembly For Wales' still exists. They are still WAG to me, partly because the enthuisiast's nickname of the LHCS train they fund, 'WAG express' has stuck.

the fact is that the Marches line is very well served by ATW and is flourishing. Cardiff, with its City Centre station, is a very popular destination to the people of Hereford, particularly the young. So someone must be doing something right.

If anyone wants to go to Bristol, a simple change at Newport is hardly a burden.
As a drawback created by the over-provision of Cardiff - Holyhead services I would say this is not as bad as nearly all Holyhead trains reversing at Chester (instead of having north Wales trains running to Manchester and Crewe).

Compare that to FGW, which is managed from England. It is guilty of ignoring the needs of the heavily populated and almost continuously urban West - East route between Swansea and Cardiff.
The 'Wales' franchise is pretty much guilty of the same thing, providing trains of just two or three coaches between Cardiff and Swansea.

Gareth Marston

Established Member

If anyone wants to got from north to south Wales a simple change at Shrewsbury/Crewe is hardly a burden!

Lets not have double standards Gwenllian

krus_aragon

Established Member

If anyone wants to got from north to south Wales a simple change at Shrewsbury/Crewe is hardly a burden!

And I'd even argue that Shrewsbury or Crewe are nicer places to change than Newport, given the location of it's new footbridge. Not that I'm completely sold on Hereford-Newport-Bristol services myself, though...

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Or Chester, if the present alternate hours Cardiff to Holyhead stopper was terminated there to allow north Wales coast trains to continue to Crewe/Manchester instead of reversing at Chester to head to Cardiff.

Shrewsbury isn't always a nice place to change trains though. The toilets are dreadful and the waiting room is not nearly big enough (perhaps the latter could be fixed by ajusting platforming to divide the passengers more equally between the waiting room on the island and the waiting room on platform 3).

northwichcat

Veteran Member
North of Hereford I suppose it might fit, but spliting the service at Hereford doesn't make much sense to me, and running to Swansea (perhaps even Cardiff) is well out of their area.

There is the option of a change of operator part way along a service without chopping a service. There is a joint Scotrail/Northern service currently where the operator changes at Carlisle. Also, when the 350s were first introduced there were quite a few services that ran as through services but changed operator (between CT and Silverlink) at Northampton.

Gwenllian2001

I'm not using double standards. Whichever way the service is operated someone is going to have to change trains. Are English passengers less genetically disposed to change trains than Welsh passengers? I doubt it; it's not that big a deal. The 'problem' lies in the fragmentation brought about by privatisation and the shortage of rolling stock. In an ideal world there would be enough to go round to please everyone.
As a drawback created by the over-provision of Cardiff - Holyhead services I would say this is not as bad as nearly all Holyhead trains reversing at Chester (instead of having north Wales trains running to Manchester and Crewe).

The 'Wales' franchise is pretty much guilty of the same thing, providing trains of just two or three coaches between Cardiff and Swansea.

FGW is a main line TOC in Wales. It only runs Inter-City services across south Wales, which are, like it or not, designed for the London market and not the other way round. As far as ATW is concerned, where is the extra rolling stock to come from?

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
FGW is a main line TOC in Wales. It only runs Inter-City services across south Wales, which are, like it or not, designed for the London market and not the other way round. As far as ATW is concerned, where is the extra rolling stock to come from?
[/QUOTE]

Oh no they are not,your quote " It only runs Inter-City services across south Wales, which are, like it or not, designed for the London " how wrong you are.
I dont class FGW 150s from Cardiff as Inter City to Bristol
Bob

tbtc

Veteran Member
FGW is a main line TOC in Wales. It only runs Inter-City services across south Wales, which are, like it or not, designed for the London market and not the other way round

Oh no they are not,your quote " It only runs Inter-City services across south Wales, which are, like it or not, designed for the London " how wrong you are.
Bob[/QUOTE]

Agreed Bob, but that doesn't suit some people's agenda...

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Bob

Agreed Bob, but that doesn't suit some people's agenda...[/QUOTE]

So all FGW Services from Paddington on the up line are going to suit London are they,I dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.