• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight Train Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
4L89 Coatbridge-Felixstowe.

Initially reported as a fire in the engine room but no fire and is suspected to be a power pack fault.

tsr

Established Member
66568 (Freightliner) apparently caught fire whilst working through Gospel Oak Platform 2 (attributed on RTT to a problem with traction equipment, but whether that's accurate is not something I can determine). From the odd photo on Twitter, fire does not seem to have spread to the cab so hopefully the driver was OK.

1Z99 is attending. I believe the "GOBLIN" has been open to trains throughout but I should imagine passenger trains have not been in service whilst Gospel Oak was evacuated. Some Westbound services on the NLL are now running with major disruption. Eastbound services (to Stratford) remain suspended.

EDIT: Just seen the above - glad it was not actually a fire as reported.

Steve wakerly

According to the local newspaper it was a electrical fire, because of the smoke it was enough to evacuate the station. due to the consist being across the points that link the nll and goblin line, another freight train waiting to go onto the nll line and over the points that allow the units to go into the bay platform was blocked. The units terminating at upper Holloway and using the up good line to turn back. The rescue loco was 66420.

Status
Not open for further replies.