• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan ruck

Thought I’d start a thread as I’m sitting here a little worried and unsure with what my next steps should be regarding patiently waiting in a talent pool..
I was successful in passing all my assessments and both interviews (MMI and DMI) for Freightliner in January earlier this year. Since then I have emailed a few times asking for any updates with training schedules etc but have had next to no contact back from Freightliner.
Is this normal or anything to worry about? I was told in the interviews that they were hoping to have us all on training courses within 3 months, which is obviously not the case.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The One

Try not to worry about it recruitment is slow on the railway.What prob is when a company recruits in big numbers is they can only fit so many on the course hence people’s different start dates.They won’t give you a start date unless they can accommodate you on the course first

I'm sure it work out

Jordan ruck

I've been in the talent pool since january too mate.
Believe it or not, a day or two after I wrote this post they finally called me, just touching base with if I was still interested and asked me a few questions like how long notice do I need to give at my current employer, am I willing to take 13 weeks away for training etc. She said on the phone that hopefully early next year around February time a training course will be starting up as long as they are still in need for people at my chosen depot (reading) Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.