• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner trainee driver positions ('Graduate scheme')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
At least freightliner honour passes for five years that should help

Didn't someone on here have a no after final interview then got another go at it?

Gash923

As time passes by I reckon we have had it for the march intake, bearing in mind other people like me need to give a months notice and have heard nothing regarding a medical. Fingers x'd though.

d_kingscott

Are you external??

Yes I am an external applicant from May last year. Had Interview in June and Medical in August. Then silence... I think my medical must have been a mistake
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As time passes by I reckon we have had it for the march intake, bearing in mind other people like me need to give a months notice and have heard nothing regarding a medical. Fingers x'd though.

Yeah it will be this Sunday as the last day you could give to give 4 weeks notice and I think that is too short notice
At least freightliner honour passes for five years that should help

Didn't someone on here have a no after final interview then got another go at it?

My passes are from FGW so I don;t know if that changes anything.

Daz9284

I got a letter today saying that I have passed medical, but the March intake has been put back until the summer, and I still have a good chance.

So there is time for others still to have a medical

Regards
Darryl

AD15

I got a letter today saying that I have passed medical, but the March intake has been put back until the summer, and I still have a good chance.

So there is time for others still to have a medical

Regards
Darryl

That's a little bit more encouraging news. But I wonder why it has?

Daz9284

That's a little bit more encouraging news. But I wonder why it has?

Maybe they can only train X no of drivers at a time, and as intermodal are more short on drivers than heavy haul, maybe they have been given priority of the March slot at training centre?

Or the loss of contracts or new contracts not awarded yet, means they don't need new drivers just yet

Rugby9107

Maybe they can only train X no of drivers at a time, and as intermodal are more short on drivers than heavy haul, maybe they have been given priority of the March slot at training centre?

Or the loss of contracts or new contracts not awarded yet, means they don't need new drivers just yet

Intermodal and HH have different training facilities.

Daz9284

Thanks for correcting me.

Maybe FLHH don't need 15 new drivers in the next 5 months but do towards end of year. Especially with the rumour that four 'large' power stations are going to increase their stockpiles of coal now due to quadrupling of CO2 emissions charges after April, and buy anymore until start of Autumn/Winter 2015.

Last edited:

class 9

The increase in the carbon floor price that comes in in April isn't affecting traffic now as even if coal is stockpiled, the levy is only charged when the coal is actually burned.
Apparently we are going to be very quiet from April onwards, how long this will last is not clear, however if gas prices remain low it might carry on for the foreseeable future.
Whether this will affect the recruitment of trainees I don't know as at the moment we seem well resourced without being stretched.

Speaking to one of our former shunters who was a recent course, there was a mix of HH and IM trainees in the classroom part over at Crewe.

Daz9284

The increase in the carbon floor price that comes in in April isn't affecting traffic now as even if coal is stockpiled, the levy is only charged when the coal is actually burned.
Apparently we are going to be very quiet from April onwards, how long this will last is not clear, however if gas prices remain low it might carry on for the foreseeable future.
Whether this will affect the recruitment of trainees I don't know as at the moment we seem well resourced without being stretched.

Speaking to one of our former shunters who was a recent course, there was a mix of HH and IM trainees in the classroom part over at Crewe.

I was only quoting what a DBS driver was telling me what his management have told them.

Do you work for FLHH? Where are you based?

Daz9284

Can't tell you which depot I'm at, but I'll happily answer any questions you have.
Do you have a start date?

If you don't mind me asking, howcome you can't say?

No start date, all the letter said was that the March intake had been pushed back to the Summer....

regards,
Darryl

class 9

Hi, I'd rather not say as it's against company policy to give information about the company on social media etc and the depots are not that big so being identified is a possibility.

Daz9284

Hi, I'd rather not say as it's against company policy to give information about the company on social media etc and the depots are not that big so being identified is a possibility.

That is fair enough, but you wouldn't be giving any information about the company, just the depot you work at. As there are only two depots in West Yorkshire (Ferrybridge and Leeds).

Regards
Darryl

Texas

Not in this post he might not, but as per most employers they have stringent social media policies that if not adhered to can be you own downfall, just not worth it......

Tex.

387star

On Moderation
Out of interest what is the work from the dagenham depot routes signed etc

JAMBO

Out of interest... Have HH made any decisions regarding taking anymore trainees or what's happening with the current batch? due to the fiasco with the coal price and now most FOCS operating at a large % reduction in coal traffic?

AD15

Out of interest... Have HH made any decisions regarding taking anymore trainees or what's happening with the current batch? due to the fiasco with the coal price and now most FOCS operating at a large % reduction in coal traffic?

Still taking the "March" intake on. But for buissniss purposes its postponed till summer apparently.

JAMBO

Still taking the "March" intake on. But for buissniss purposes its postponed till summer apparently.

I'm really Surprised thats going ahead after the news of a contract loss. Thought all recruitment would have been stopped.

Daz9284

Did anyone get confirmed for March? I can only think of Daz who has had a medical, hopefully we will find out soon!

There are at least another two guys on this forum who have had Medicals and got the same letter as me

Regards
Darryl
What contract did they lose?

I know of one which is the AI aggregate traffic from Bardon Hill.

There is also the large downturn in coal traffic, and virtually downturn of all Anglo-Scottish coal traffic. But this effects all FOCS.

class 9

DB have got the coal haulage contract for Drax, and as previously said there is going to be a massive downturn in coal traffic not just Anglo-Scottish, but from all loading points, this will affect all operators.
On the subject of trainees,I wouldn't be surprised if the whole training program will be stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.