• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers (05/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Unstoppable

On Moderation
Stage 3 of the Visual Search Exercise was very demanding. I did excellent at stage 1 and 2 but on 3 I felt I couldn't get both exercises done in the one go. Is this normal and is it expected to get everything correct? You have 2 tasks to complete within 4 seconds

scott little

Stage 3 of the Visual Search Exercise was very demanding. I did excellent at stage 1 and 2 but on 3 I felt I couldn't get both exercises done in the one go. Is this normal and is it expected to get everything correct? You have 2 tasks to complete within 4 seconds
I was the same, feel I might have failed on part 3

limberto101

on the practice one you get 4 seconds a box? is that not the case, I hope its not 4 seconds a row..you'd have to be rain man lol hopefully gonna do it tomorrow morning. good luck though!

Unstoppable

On Moderation
on the practice one you get 4 seconds a box? is that not the case, I hope its not 4 seconds a row..you'd have to be rain man lol hopefully gonna do it tomorrow morning. good luck though!
Stage 3 you get 4 seconds to complete "2 boxes" which is stage 1 and 2 combined. Box 1 which is the same as stage 1 is to take importance over the second box. it definitely takes 100% concentration and the chances of being fully accurate is near impossible I reckon

Has anyone applied for the Scottish depots of Mossend or Millerhill?

J3053B

Just finished the vSE and M7SJT.

Give yourself a couple of hours - phase 3 of vSE was tricky but not impossible. Hopefully did ok!

Good luck to others :)

Last edited:

MatthewLdn

I sat and passed the PQ/SJT/TB-DT/KQ, along with VSE and M7SJT the other month with another toc. Would Freightliner require me to resit these assessments? And how long do Freightliner accept previous paper and computer based assessments for?

J3053B

I sat and passed the PQ/SJT/TB-DT/KQ, along with VSE and M7SJT the other month with another toc. Would Freightliner require me to resit these assessments? And how long do Freightliner accept previous paper and computer based assessments for?
from the email:

'These tests are part of Freightliners enhanced driver recruitment process so you will need to sit these again - regardless of whether you have completed them before.

In addition, these tests will be part of your ‘2 attempts’ for those organisations, such as Freightliner, that use these tests within their recruitment process'

MatthewLdn

from the email:

'These tests are part of Freightliners enhanced driver recruitment process so you will need to sit these again - regardless of whether you have completed them before.

In addition, these tests will be part of your ‘2 attempts’ for those organisations, such as Freightliner, that use these tests within their recruitment process'
Thanks, still waiting to receive email with link to the tests.

cazza0811

Just finished the vSE and M7SJT.

Give yourself a couple of hours - phase 3 of vSE was tricky but not impossible. Hopefully did ok!

Good luck to others :)
I’ve got to sit these tests, how similar are they to the practice and what exactly did they entail?

Many Thanks

J3053B

I’ve got to sit these tests, how similar are they to the practice and what exactly did they entail?

Many Thanks
You'll get to do practice tests before each, not too inclined to go round giving tips apologies. But take your time and read what they are asking :)

ajp777

Has anyone still not heard back? I submitted my application and did the initial online test on 30/11 and got the following email:

'Thank you for completing this test, your results have been saved and submitted to Freightliner.

You will receive your feedback / results within 20 working days.'

Still not heard anything back. Can't work out whether that's a positive or negative as a lot seemed to have got the link for the next assessments. I applied for Crewe, whether that makes any difference

cazza0811

Has anyone still not heard back? I submitted my application and did the initial online test on 30/11 and got the following email:

'Thank you for completing this test, your results have been saved and submitted to Freightliner.

You will receive your feedback / results within 20 working days.'

Still not heard anything back. Can't work out whether that's a positive or negative as a lot seemed to have got the link for the next assessments. I applied for Crewe, whether that makes any difference
Who was that email from? I don’t seem to remember getting anything like that

MT18

Just completed the M7SJT and the VSE tests. The VSE one is awkward completing it with a mouse, actually think I done better in the third exercise than the second one. Not confident at all after that.

J3053B

Just completed the M7SJT and the VSE tests. The VSE one is awkward completing it with a mouse, actually think I done better in the third exercise than the second one. Not confident at all after that.
You've probably done better than you think. Fingers crossed for you, I did great on 1/2. Then just don’t know with 3. I know I’ll be over analysing it until I get the results!

Last edited:

MT18

You've probably done better than you. Fingers crossed for you I did great on 1/2. Then just don’t know with 3. I know I’ll be over analysing it until I get the results!

Hope you done well too, would have been a lot easier if it was touch instead of having to move the mouse and click. I think I had more time than what I was giving myself. Haha same here.

Babysaint09

Just got the email for the two extra online tests and decided to download the practice materials, the visual tests, just to ask, the three parts is it to finish each part within the times because it doesn't seem possible or just to complete as many as you can within that time, bit like the Barbon test? Thanks for responses

Owen83

Just got the email for the two extra online tests and decided to download the practice materials, the visual tests, just to ask, the three parts is it to finish each part within the times because it doesn't seem possible or just to complete as many as you can within that time, bit like the Barbon test? Thanks for responses
I’m literally thinking by the same thing. Like part three of the test, it says you should spend no more than 4 seconds looking at the rectangles and the letters. It doesn’t seem possible, however the priority is the rectangles. So does that mean don’t get to bogged down in the letters?

Babysaint09

Yeah because it say go left to right, boxes first and then letters so you can't skip some of the letter boxes! Completely confused

Im abit confused and hope someone could shed some light on this. I received an invitation to complete VSE and M7 SJT. It's mentioned that we have only 2 attempts.

Does anyone know if these 2 attempts count as part of your 2 lives overall? Or is it for this application form process only?

Much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:

cazza0811

Im abit confused and hope someone could shed some light on this. I received an invitation to complete VSE and M7 SJT. It's mentioned that we have only 2 attempts.

Does anyone know if these 2 attempts count as part of your 2 lives overall? Or is it for this application form process only?

Much appreciated

Thanks
It counts as a life for any FOC/TOC that use these tests. I believe Avanti use these tests too.

I’m literally thinking by the same thing. Like part three of the test, it says you should spend no more than 4 seconds looking at the rectangles and the letters. It doesn’t seem possible, however the priority is the rectangles. So does that mean don’t get to bogged down in the letters?
From what I understand (I’ll be doing mine today) your priority is the first task when doing both but do try get some on task 2. It’s 4 seconds per box so 196 seconds in total which is 3 mins 20. Time yourself 3 mins 20 and see how much you can do.

Owen83

It counts as a life for any FOC/TOC that use these tests. I believe Avanti use these tests too.

From what I understand (I’ll be doing mine today) your priority is the first task when doing both but do try get some on task 2. It’s 4 seconds per box so 196 seconds in total which is 3 mins 20. Time yourself 3 mins 20 and see how much you can do.
I’ll be giving this a go later. I’m probably over analysing this as usual. Could the emphasis be on obeying the instructions. “THE PRIORITY IS TASK 1” right?

david0207

Hi, completed this morning and I'm quietly confident, it wasn't so bad. How long can I expect to wait for the results of the initial tests?

Owen83

How did you get on??

Amal

Hi all. Bit confused, I thought all these tests (PQ/SJT/TB-DT/KQ/VSE) were done at a test centre. Also thought VSE didn’t count towards one of your lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.