• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers (05/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sneaky_1982

when people completed the Survey Monkey did you get asked if you want to create your own Survey?

PK96

I got an email just to provide more information of myself.

Anyone know... I passed everything within the last 6 months. Will I still need to do the OPC initial assessments? I believe it's called Situational Judgement or something like that... I have passed the psychometric exams

MatthewLdn

The assessments are:
  • Preference Questions (Freightliner-PQ)
  • Situational Judgement Test (Freightliner-SJT)
  • Priorities - Driving Tasks (Freightliner-TB-DT)
  • More about you (Freightliner-KQ)
Thanks for the response. Just need to sit tight and wait for the link. From the email, I believe there were a lot of applicants.

bcfc171081

Oh well was worth a try. Just got email saying I live over 60mins away and to keep an eye on website for further depots. I was 52 mins on Google maps in good traffic so knew was pushing my luck

Newboysouth

Got an email to say I don’t meet the required standards for them. Unfortunately this is the end of the road on this one for me but good luck to everyone else

Diedinium

I got rejected for being more than 60 mins away as well, looked on google maps before and it was borderline (60-65mins), so not too surprised.

Ah well, was worth giving it a shot.

WombleGuard

Very impressed with Comms so far. Just received this

Hello All
hope you are well

Just wanted to touch base and keep the streams of communication open with you.

Thank you for taking the time to fill in the biographical information via Survey Monkey.

Throughout each stage of the process, we make many checks to ensure your eligibility to take part in the application process. Freightliner has a 2-strike policy for their standard (which includes the online VSE and M7 tests and Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT).

We will be undertaking these checks shortly along with a postcode check to make sure you live within 60 minutes of your chosen depot.

Please be patient as they may take a bit of time due to the high volume of candidates applying for each depot.

Once these checks have taken place, we will notify you if you have been successful.

If successful you will then be invited to sit the next part of the process which is Freightliners online questionnaire

Thank you so much for your patience and we will be in touch again very shortly

Last edited:

PNutt

I got an email just to provide more information of myself.

Anyone know... I passed everything within the last 6 months. Will I still need to do the OPC initial assessments? I believe it's called Situational Judgement or something like that... I have passed the psychometric exams
Yes, you usually have to complete all initial online at home assessments no matter what you’ve passed previously.

You then won’t have to resit the two stages of in person OPC assessments if you have already passed them to the correct standard.

TD2018

Very impressed with Comms so far. Just received this

Hello All
hope you are well

Just wanted to touch base and keep the streams of communication open with you.

Thank you for taking the time to fill in the biographical information via Survey Monkey.

Throughout each stage of the process, we make many checks to ensure your eligibility to take part in the application process. Freightliner has a 2-strike policy for their standard (which includes the online VSE and M7 tests and Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT).

We will be undertaking these checks shortly along with a postcode check to make sure you live within 60 minutes of your chosen depot.

Please be patient as they may take a bit of time due to the high volume of candidates applying for each depot.

Once these checks have taken place, we will notify you if you have been successful.

If successful you will then be invited to sit the next part of the process which is Freightliners online questionnaire

Thank you so much for your patience and we will be in touch again very shortly
I received this too but haven't been sent any online at home assessments to complete like some others have mentioned. Is that the case for you also?

LewRaz

I received this too but haven't been sent any online at home assessments to complete like some others have mentioned. Is that the case for you also?
I am the same as you. I read a past thread where some were still getting sent the assessments after a week so I am sure we can just take their word and wait it out :)
I have been refreshing my emails a lot more than normal today as well as double and triple checking the journey time to make sure its under 60 mins even at peak traffic!

TD2018

I am the same as you. I read a past thread where some were still getting sent the assessments after a week so I am sure we can just take their word and wait it out :)
I have been refreshing my emails a lot more than normal today as well as double and triple checking the journey time to make sure its under 60 mins even at peak traffic!
Ok great news. Do you have a link to that thread?

Owen83

The assessments are:
  • Preference Questions (Freightliner-PQ)
  • Situational Judgement Test (Freightliner-SJT)
  • Priorities - Driving Tasks (Freightliner-TB-DT)
  • More about you (Freightliner-KQ)
Can someone please explain what to expect from the Priorites - Driving Tasks section? and preference questions?

Thanks again

PK96

Can someone please explain what to expect from the Priorites - Driving Tasks section? and preference questions?

Thanks again
That's exactly the same question I was going to ask. Hopefully someone has the answer/s to this.

mad1976cam

Where does the training take place for the Freightliner Birmingham Trainee Drivers?

Thanks.
I know they have training sites at:
Birmingham
Westbury (Wiltshire)
Ipswich
Crewe
Possibly Leeds too

You could end up at anywhere, it will depend on what course you end up on.
However if you are away from home depot you will get a hire car with fuel card, accommodation with breakfast and an evening meal allowance.
Lunch is normally provided at the training centre (buffet type thing)

Woodyrs

Also received this email and still waiting to hear back for Crewe.

Richie1986

Oh well was worth a try. Just got email saying I live over 60mins away and to keep an eye on website for further depots. I was 52 mins on Google maps in good traffic so knew was pushing my luck
I get the same so that’ll probably be me out. I’ve done the trip before and done it in just under 45 min, I’m comfortable doing that. Funnily enough there’s a train station by where I live and it’s only a 29 min train ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.