• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Drivers - Tilsbury, Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobi-wan

Yes mate, me too! I’m excited and anxious at the same time... I will be gutted if I don’t get a position, especially after getting through all the assessments. But if I don’t, I’m still employed in an excellent position within the company. Hopefully be successful next time round!
If I don't get in, let me know of any vacancies mate hahaha

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ladellboy

From the start I was happy to just get my psychometric but now we are all soo close you do not want to fall at the last step.
Hopefully if it is over the 2 days and the 15 jobs we believe to be at stake then we have all got through, be a nice reward after all those tests and the MMI.

Jobi-wan

From the start I was happy to just get my psychometric but now we are all soo close you do not want to fall at the last step.
Hopefully if it is over the 2 days and the 15 jobs we believe to be at stake then we have all got through, be a nice reward after all those tests and the MMI.
I was just happy to be out of the house, personally haha

In all seriousness I never expected to get this far.

Teddyward

If nothing else I got to see Ipswich.
Would really love this though. Been 15 years in current job and really need a change and something mainly based closer to home.

Greenyeti

Just a heads up for anyone who gave a current employer as their reference - my boss has just asked my permission (GDPR rules) to pass on reference details to Freightliner. I’ve not had the interview yet so this does seem a little premature, I assumed they’d do it once you’ve been offered a job!

theironroad

Established Member
Just a heads up for anyone who gave a current employer as their reference - my boss has just asked my permission (GDPR rules) to pass on reference details to Freightliner. I’ve not had the interview yet so this does seem a little premature, I assumed they’d do it once you’ve been offered a job!

Are you applying as a trainee or qualified? Had you already told your boss you applied elsewhere?

Greenyeti

Trainee from outside the railway and no, I hadn’t told them. It’s not a huge issue in my case but I just thought it was normal practice to seek references after a job offer, not before.

Timpg

Trainee from outside the railway and no, I hadn’t told them. It’s not a huge issue in my case but I just thought it was normal practice to seek references after a job offer, not before.

If I’ll be honest, I think the recruitment process this time round as a whole.. has been a bit of a mystery, I mean in other dm interviews, applicants have been asked to prepare PowerPoint presentations etc... but for this one it states ‘ no preparation required’... what this means I’m not sure... I suppose time will tell.

Teddyward

If I’ll be honest, I think the recruitment process this time round as a whole.. has been a bit of a mystery, I mean in other dm interviews, applicants have been asked to prepare PowerPoint presentations etc... but for this one it states ‘ no preparation required’... what this means I’m not sure... I suppose time will tell.
The first mystery was the group assessment that was really some secret additional psychometrics! I’m just going to swot up over the weekend on some company facts and hope for the best.
Had to go past tilbury docks this morning, I live in hope.

Jobi-wan

The first mystery was the group assessment that was really some secret additional psychometrics! I’m just going to swot up over the weekend on some company facts and hope for the best.
Its all any of us can do. I'm trying not to overthink it and just go with the flow on the day!

Timpg

Your not wrong there... it’s the 1st time iv done psychometric tests. So I didn’t have a scooby doo as to what to expect!! only Reading up on it on here, I must admit they weren’t as bad as what I originally thought, but the thought of two strikes and your out, was making me feel very nervous!!!

Ladellboy

I have mine Wednesday evening Jobi. What times yours?

Good luck everyone, please tell us all the questions they ask

Status
Not open for further replies.