• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybarts

You will have to do Level 2 City and Guilds during the course if you don’t have them, don’t worry about it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GLENMAYE77

I’ve sent my English and Maths in but like a few others here ICT wasn’t an option.

If you have passed them but can’t find proof I believe you can get copies from the Government - for a few of course!

Amanda

Sorry to butt in as I'm not even applying for Freightliner... But I am applying for East Midlands Trains and was also asked to bring certificates. They explained at the assessment day that if you don't have it or can't provide it you will do a separate assessment as part of your training course and it won't affect whether you progress through the recruitment process at all. I am 41, didn't even know what "level 2" meant :lol:, and am lucky as I have a GCSE in "Computer Studies" from 1994, although I don't think it even covered Windows back then.... o_O

Anyway, as someone else said, don't worry about it if you don't have it. I was lucky to have all 3 on the same certificate, although I did have to get my husband to ferret around in the loft to find it. <D

GMT

Uhm, so what about those who did not attend schools in the UK? EU residents in the UK were allowed to apply for the role. I have British higher education qualifications, I hope they are happy with them.

4F89

Uhm, so what about those who did not attend schools in the UK? EU residents in the UK were allowed to apply for the role. I have British higher education qualifications, I hope they are happy with them.
The only accept GCSEs. I have an a level in English and they wouldn't take that. It's nothing tonstress about if you don't have them, just a few exams to make sure you are competent for the apprenticeship entrance.

Pete C

Ahh right, that's ok then. Any idea what they do if you haven't got one of the qualifications in general, I didn't do a ICT GCSE.

Did they say what would happen if you didn’t get a grade C or better?

Anything lower than a C or if you don't have a particular subject you just do it again - they've allocated a couple of weeks in the training schedule for this. The lady who spoke to us said they've never had anyone fail.

Coach Carter

Anything lower than a C or if you don't have a particular subject you just do it again - they've allocated a couple of weeks in the training schedule for this. The lady who spoke to us said they've never had anyone fail.
Thanks for that, makes me feel a bit more at ease about the whole situation. Are you doing your training at the moment?

dawny291

The bottom line is that if you cannot provide originals/copies of your previous qualifications which must clearly display your unique certificate number(s) then you will need to sit Functional Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT (delete as required). For those wondering what previous qualifications are acceptable for an Advanced Apprenticeship (making you exempt) follow this link and read pages 18 to 22.

Lendog2012

Good to know, Thanks Pete

xtradj

Has the freightliner salary (intermodal) just increased

was around 47k. Aslef now showing 53k?

Trakky

I'm pretty sure it's HH as that would be over 10% for us intermodal guys which sounds insane pretty sure Jimathy confirmed to me that it was HH when we was in class today

GLENMAYE77

I’m thinking someone has updated the wrong page on aslef as the figure is about what HH should’ve gone to after a 5% rise

xtradj

Yes I’d say the intermodal one is a mistake and it’s the HH that has increased.

If it’s not a mistake then wow! Nice rise

Crazyb

4.5% for HH

I don't even think Intermodals pay talks have started yet. It should go into Febs pay packet !!!!!!, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Stigy

Established Member
4.5% for HH

I don't even think Intermodals pay talks have started yet. It should go into Febs pay packet !!!!!!, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Be backdated though. Good thing about railway pay increases. I never mind it dragging on because it means a nice wedge 6-months later

Status
Not open for further replies.