• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan ruck

Hi guys. First time poster. Just sat my MMI and DMI at Watford today. Seem to have left behind the sheet of paper they give you after the DMI, with an email address on it etc. Does anybody have this handy they can screenshot for me by any chance?

GMT

Hi guys. First time poster. Just sat my MMI and DMI at Watford today. Seem to have left behind the sheet of paper they give you after the DMI, with an email address on it etc. Does anybody have this handy they can screenshot for me by any chance?
I guess the attachment is what you are after. How many of you today at the assessment, six?

Attachments

• Freightliner FAQ.pdf
    656.7 KB · Views: 100

Luke Allen

Those of you who have been in the pool since last year should start training in March. Those who have been doing stage two this month (me included), most of whom probably don't know the full outcome yet (again, me included), will be doing training in May and November, pending a full successful result, of course. Perhaps very few lucky January ones may find some space in March; unlikely though. This is what I gathered. They will continue to recruit in 2020. As expected, not many qualified drivers are applying or turn out to be suitable for the company. I may be wrong but I have a positive feeling for this FOC. OK, so now let's wait to see whether I am a winner or not.
Can I ask where you have got this information from as there are plenty of people on this thread who have been in the pool since last year who are yet to have a medical which leaves the March start somewhat unlikely....

GMT

Can I ask where you have got this information from as there are plenty of people on this thread who have been in the pool since last year who are yet to have a medical which leaves the March start somewhat unlikely....
Of course you can. It comes from a final chat I had during my DMI interview. Why would it be unlikely though? They are in a rush, the current stage 2s should finish this week, medicals may be in February first for those who have been in the pool since last year, start of training may be then in March. If not March then would be May, which is not that far too. Of course, I'm just guessing about this schedule, just an assumption. However, for sure there are going to be training courses in March, May and November, and in 2020. I was also told that lots of drivers are retiring.

They have the Mendip contract in November this year, therefore they may prioritise the depots in the South of the country, as the aggregates go from North Somerset to London and south-east, who knows. As another poster previously said, perhaps they go by depot. Again, just an assumption, that is the only game we can play at present, it's a waiting one.

Mgv1349

Of course you can. It comes from a final chat I had during my DMI interview. Why would it be unlikely though? They are in a rush, the current stage 2s should finish this week, medicals may be in February first for those who have been in the pool since last year, start of training may be then in March. If not March then would be May, which is not that far too. Of course, I'm just guessing about this schedule, just an assumption. However, for sure there are going to be training courses in March, May and November, and in 2020. I was also told that lots of drivers are retiring.

They have the Mendip contract in November this year, therefore they may prioritise the depots in the South of the country, as the aggregates go from North Somerset to London and south-east, who knows. As another poster previously said, perhaps they go by depot. Again, just an assumption, that is the only game we can play at present, it's a waiting one.
It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been in the pool they are 100% doing it by prioritising depots.

Also they aren’t in much of a rush, they will want to make sure all the new starters in March are fully settled in and have another training location available as Crewe will be taken by the March course so maybe once the Ipswich one has finished then a course will look to be ran there again.

GLENMAYE77

Is it right that there’s some sort of extra payment during your training if it’s away from your Home Depot or am I getting confused with something else?

TheNewGuy

Check your emails guys. Results from January DMI just received. I'm now in the pool with everyone else!

Got mine from my stage 2 from the 8th unfortunately unsuccessful, good luck all and congrats to all those successful, better luck next time here

mumrar

Established Member
Just got my email from HR with my DMI rejection, good luck to the rest of you all who've got news that you're going in the pool.

Jack67

In the email advising that we have been put in the talent pool. It asks to confirm that you wish to accept the offer. Silly question. But how do we respond?

DMcq2010

Did it happen earlier in the process that someone did not receive an email? I did my Stage 2 on the 7th and had my pass from the OPC. Is there maybe a number that I can contact them that people know of?

Jecharles

I’ve just got my talent pool email, I’m so happy.
Sorry for anyone that was unsuccessful, at least you know what to exapect next time around. Don’t give up.

Gingell

I also got the unsuccessful mail, massively gutted as I thought I had everything down.

Best of luck to those that got through

DMcq2010

If you do find an email could i have that please. Has everyone received their emails at the same time or have they been staggered?

martin2345uk

Established Member
If by “bounced back” you mean an auto reply saying recruitment closed or something like than then don’t worry they still get and respond to emails sent to that address!

Congratulations to all those who’ve passed and to those who haven’t at least you now have some passes under your belt to take to future applications!

Jack67

If by “bounced back” you mean an auto reply saying recruitment closed or something like than then don’t worry they still get and respond to emails sent to that address!

Congratulations to all those who’ve passed and to those who haven’t at least you now have some passes under your belt to take to future applications!
Great. Thanks.

Alfielee

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.