• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanstaff

Yeah I think I get what you mean, once you spot a fault go straight to the guide and take it from there.? Sorry for all the questions your help is much appreciated.
So if you find the top two faults refer to the guide and write how you would solve them, so that question would have 2 answers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member
Yeah I think I get what you mean, once you spot a fault go straight to the guide and take it from there.? Sorry for all the questions your help is much appreciated.
Mate honestly the more you try to get the whole thing sorted in your head before you go, the more risk of going wrong IMO. Trust in the fact the ladies make total sure everyone understands exactly what to do before starting. On our session she spent about five minutes with one guy who was struggling with the concept and wouldn’t start until he was happy with it. Don’t overthink it :)

Stigy

Established Member
No worries, happy to (try) and help lol. Yeah basically....I quickly scanned for any faults as an over view (which all tend to be obvious once you’re in to the swing of it), then prioritised them. It’s all about working methodically and following instructions.

Stigy

Established Member
Mate honestly the more you try to get the whole thing sorted in your head before you go, the more risk of going wrong IMO. Trust in the fact the ladies make total sure everyone understands exactly what to do before starting. On our session she spent about five minutes with one guy who was struggling with the concept and wouldn’t start until he was happy with it. Don’t overthink it :)

I agree. It’s not good to over analyse it, and all the info is there in front of you. The more you think about it at this stage the worse it becomes.

Stanstaff

I agree. It’s not good to over analyse it, and all the info is there in front of you. The more you think about it at this stage the worse it becomes.
Thanks guys good advice I think that’s my problem I am an over thinker!!lol

Stigy

Established Member
What I’d also advise is that if anybody has done these tests up to 5 years ago and passed any one of them, make sure you tell them on the day. I think I disregarded it on my initial forms as it was over 3 years ago and that’s my TOC’s limit, but Freightliner is 5 years, hence why all but the enhanced test results could be used from 2015. I think that the assessors only checked the previous results on the day and there is a specific question on the registration form you have to fill out about oroebioys assessments so make sure you fill this part out!

Stanstaff

What I’d also advise is that if anybody has done these tests up to 5 years ago and passed any one of them, make sure you tell them on the day. I think I disregarded it on my initial forms as it was over 3 years ago and that’s my TOC’s limit, but Freightliner is 5 years, hence why all but the enhanced test results could be used from 2015. I think that the assessors only checked the previous results on the day and there is a specific question on the registration form you have to fill out about oroebioys assessments so make sure you fill this part out!
Thanks Mate you have been a great help really hope you get through.

Mike121

I did my assessments about 4 years ago to the enhanced level. Don’t you tell them before the day of the assessments? To save wasting your time and theirs?

Stigy

Established Member
I did my assessments about 4 years ago to the enhanced level. Don’t you tell them before the day of the assessments? To save wasting your time and theirs?
Yes, I assumed three years was the maximum so didn’t tell them. You should tell them at the application stage I believe as there’s a part for it on the online form. Others told them in this way but they still didn’t do anything about it until the assessment date. I assume they slipped through the net or something?

Lenny_1986

I’m not due to take mine until Wednesday. I read on here that people have been told 2 weeks for results but I think it will be sooner as they said 25 days after the VSE and SJT and people got their results after 4 days.

Jay_t

I am. I'm not sure ill like what I find out. Out of the 5 tests I'm confident on 3
Fingers crossed mate. This is probably the only chance ill get for a while now! Never see anything advertised for trainee drivers close to me!

Jay_t

I’m not due to take mine until Wednesday. I read on here that people have been told 2 weeks for results but I think it will be sooner as they said 25 days after the VSE and SJT and people got their results after 4 days.
Yes up to two weeks we were told. Apparently all the papers are marked by hand so that wouldnt supprise me! Good luck with yours mate..

PaulBusDriver

Fingers crossed mate. This is probably the only chance ill get for a while now! Never see anything advertised for trainee drivers close to me!
I'm hoping to get my foot through the door in Birmingham.
I'd applied to DB Cargo after I applied to FL and could have gone to there assessment but thought I'd go with FL. Good luck mate and hope you get a good result!!

Jay_t

I'm hoping to get my foot through the door in Birmingham.
I'd applied to DB Cargo after I applied to FL and could have gone to there assessment but thought I'd go with FL. Good luck mate and hope you get a good result!!
Probably a good choice, looks like freightliner need alot of new drivers! Im hoping for crewe if i make it...

Lenny_1986

Yes up to two weeks we were told. Apparently all the papers are marked by hand so that wouldnt supprise me! Good luck with yours mate..
Thank you and good luck to you also. Sounds like they are putting a lot of people through so they must be after a lot of new drivers.

Jay_t

Thank you and good luck to you also. Sounds like they are putting a lot of people through so they must be after a lot of new drivers.
Hard to tell isnt it, but yes alot have gone through to the stage 1 assessment by the look of it..

Diff

The lady told us there would be start dates if I remember correctly in October, November and January. She also stated anybody who failed the SJT and VSE has lost a life, you only get two attempts at becoming a train driver.

Is that right? Can anyone shed some light on this?

PaulBusDriver

Is that right? Can anyone shed some light on this?
If I'm right, the online VSE and SJT would lose you a life with Freightliner if you failed them, so anybody who reapplied later for freightliner would only have the opportunity once more whereas the assessment you take offline if failed twice will be for all TOC or FOCs

Stanstaff

I’m happy not knowing for now as at least this way the dream’s still alive....
Hi Mate sorry for asking again, on the dfft if the faults are on the carriage part of the train and no faults on the loco is there a separate checking list in the practice there is only 4 things to check blinds power box etc. So if you saw a fault with the lights on the carriage you you would go to the guide with lights and go from there?

Stanstaff

I’m happy not knowing for now as at least this way the dream’s still alive....
Hi Mate sorry for asking again, on the dfft if the faults are on the carriage part of the train and no faults on the loco is there a separate checking list in the practice there is only 4 things to check blinds power box etc. So if you saw a fault with the lights on the carriage you you would go to the guide with lights and go from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.