• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TonyMontana

I’m not due to take mine until Wednesday. I read on here that people have been told 2 weeks for results but I think it will be sooner as they said 25 days after the VSE and SJT and people got their results after 4 days.

When was your deadline to finish your VSE and SJT? to be given Wednesday this week for assessments?

Pete C

Ah right. Fair one. I'm hoping stage 2 is before end of October as I'm on holiday then.
The OPC lady said they had training courses starting Oct/Nov/Dec so you'd hope they're wanting to get a move on with it.

Stigy

Established Member
Anyone else itching for their results already?!
Yes, although I’ve had a fair few rejection emails so even getting this far has given me confidence. Just seeing that email to say I’d passed the VSE and SJT was really unexpected and I’m hoping for the same again, where I can see the “we are pleased to tell you....” rather than “we regret to tel you that unfortunately....” etc.

Jay_t

Yes, although I’ve had a fair few rejection emails so even getting this far has given me confidence. Just seeing that email to say I’d passed the VSE and SJT was really unexpected and I’m hoping for the same again, where I can see the “we are pleased to tell you....” rather than “we regret to tel you that unfortunately....” etc.
I take it you have been trying for a while now for a drivers position? Do you get much feedback as to where the application goes wrong? Fingers crosses this time pal

Stigy

Established Member
I take it you have been trying for a while now for a drivers position? Do you get much feedback as to where the application goes wrong? Fingers crosses this time pal
I’ve tried for a while with my own TOC and they won’t even sift my application. It’s nit just driving, it’s jobs in general. Applied for a signaller post a few times and I get assessments to do online but never managed to pass them. Hence why I’m so pleased even that I passed the VSE and SJT for Freightliner. It restores my belief lol.

When I say my own TOC wont sift my application, I mean I’ve done a full application for trainee driver and they’ve said that the competency examples I’ve given are okay, but they’ve failed me on ten SJT type questions at the end of the form. These by all accounts are very similar to those Freightliner use with the OPC.

Bristol VRIII

I’ve tried for a while with my own TOC and they won’t even sift my application. It’s nit just driving, it’s jobs in general. Applied for a signaller post a few times and I get assessments to do online but never managed to pass them. Hence why I’m so pleased even that I passed the VSE and SJT for Freightliner. It restores my belief lol.

When I say my own TOC wont sift my application, I mean I’ve done a full application for trainee driver and they’ve said that the competency examples I’ve given are okay, but they’ve failed me on ten SJT type questions at the end of the form. These by all accounts are very similar to those Freightliner use with the OPC.

Hope we get through mate!

GJL9916

My head is battered after that

I’m just out of it myself, difficult to tell how I did really, think the worst bit for me was the first part of the beep test, kind of lost track on some of them until I got in the rhythm, rest I did ok but we shall see, not building my hopes up too much after that

Lenny_1986

The thing that makes it worse it not knowing what the scores are to pass. That DFFT was a lot more complicated than the revision material, I thought I was working fast and only did 11

GJL9916

The thing that makes it worse it not knowing what the scores are to pass. That DFFT was a lot more complicated than the revision material, I thought I was working fast and only did 11

Yeh it was more difficult than the practise, I got to question 14 but I left two blank as I thought there were no faults on them, but looking back they were probably pre-faults, guess it makes no odds if I left them blank it’s not the same as getting them wrong I guess. I bought some of the practise tests from the OPC and it was indicating that if you got 9 right you were doing well but guess we’ll find out!

PaulBusDriver

I did 11 on that test too. I felt I answered them accurately though, I think its not so much quantity as accuracy but I'm yet to find out if I'd done enough.

Lenny_1986

I feel that I was working very quickly so I don’t know how accurate I was. The woman said results between 7-10 days so some of last weeks groups may find out the end of this week

Stanstaff

I did 11 on that test too. I felt I answered them accurately though, I think its not so much quantity as accuracy but I'm yet to find out if I'd done enough.
Good luck everyone think it is about getting them right I read somewhere that doing 8 correct is a pass. Hope so!

PaulBusDriver

I feel that I was working very quickly so I don’t know how accurate I was. The woman said results between 7-10 days so some of last weeks groups may find out the end of this week
That's good to know, I did the assessment on Fri 24th so if I found out this Friday that would at least allow me to take my mind of it! Its been on my mind all the time.

Tgh75

That was intense and fun! Maybe not so fun when I get the results. We’ll see. Not gonna beat myself up about it though.

Group Bourdon Test was fine. Felt like they eased us in gently.

TRP 1 - I was chasing my tail a tad with that 1 but hopefully prove myself wrong.

TRP 2 - very comfortable enjoyed that 1

Memory test - jury’s out. Middle of the road.

DFFT - Understood and executed hopefully. Slowgrower and completed 11 fairly certain I got each 1 right?

At least it’s done and there is no more anticipation. Knackered and having a well earned beer.

Good luck to everyone it’s been emotional....so far

GJL9916

That was intense and fun! Maybe not so fun when I get the results. We’ll see. Not gonna beat myself up about it though.

TRP 1 - I was chasing my tail a tad with that 1 but hopefully prove myself wrong.

DFFT - Understood and executed hopefully. Slowgrower and completed 11 fairly certain I got each 1 right?

At least it’s done and there is no more anticipation. Knackered and having a well earned beer.

Good luck buddy

Stanstaff

That's good to know, I did the assessment on Fri 24th so if I found out this Friday that would at least allow me to take my mind of it! Its been on my mind all the time.
Thar tests have been on my mind for weeks, it is very stressful, fingers crossed you get through mate.

Stanstaff

Same here mate time for a beer .

PaulBusDriver

Thar tests have been on my mind for weeks, it is very stressful, fingers crossed you get through mate.
Thanks mate, it does bother me because I know I could have done more on some of the tests but either way ill be glad just to know. Hope you get a good result mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.