• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my stage results today, I sadly failed the MMI. It has an email address I can email to get feedback on the test so I'll email that, not sure if they'll provide much though. I'm gutted but not as upset as I thought I would've been, I kinda expected it, I did feel like the MMI didn't go too well, my experiences and examples for the questions weren't great and weren't all that varied.

The email doesn't mention the DMI but I'm curious to see if that would've been a pass or not.

Good luck to all other candidates going forward with your applications :)

Sorry to hear, best of luck going forward.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Absolutely buzzing right now!!
Had my stage 2 on the 26th, and have heard back from OPC to say all passed.
I know I now need to wait to hear from Freightliner to see how the DMI went, but I really thought I had fluffed the MMI so just happy to know that I have passed it!
Well done

Bufclee

Hi new to this. Was just wondering if any of the guys from Thursdays stage2 have heard back. I just got great news passed stage 2. Absolutely chuffed to bits. By the way im Lee from peterborough for those who are on here and were there thurs.

TGreen

So is everyone on here (who applied before September) at one of the following stages.
1) Awaiting results of DMI & MMI
2) About to have medical
3) Awaiting start date
4) Started or about to start?

If so which Depots and HH or IM.

Would be great to work out how many people are where, probably stop people worrying.

I’m Crewe, awaiting start date and IM.
Sorry, only just seen this!
Birmingham / Crewe, IM/HH, swimming in the pool since October and waiting for a medical.

Stigy

Established Member
I got my stage results today, I sadly failed the MMI. It has an email address I can email to get feedback on the test so I'll email that, not sure if they'll provide much though. I'm gutted but not as upset as I thought I would've been, I kinda expected it, I did feel like the MMI didn't go too well, my experiences and examples for the questions weren't great and weren't all that varied.

The email doesn't mention the DMI but I'm curious to see if that would've been a pass or not.

Sorry to hear this news. This is only your first attempt though? Hopefully the feedback will be specific so know what to improve on next time. The DMI isn’t really a pass or fail, just means that you met the Freightliner standard, and even if you did, it’s about how you scored in comparison to other candidates as to whether they’d offer you a job. I literally only got gold for DMI feedback that my examples weren’t as varied as other candidates. There was no mention about specifics, I got the impression it was a generic response.

Good luck going forward!

Nishhh

What methods did u use to pass the tests?

I used the practice material they provided as well as using google to search for alternative practise tests.

The practise for group bourdon I didn’t find useful so I googled it and found better examples.

Just test yourself until you find that your speed and accuracy are at a good level.

Nishhh

Had the medical today...all went well but gosh the hearing test! The sounds were soooooo quiet. Would Defo advise getting your ears cleaned out by GP beforehand although I found the lady seemed to want me to pass everything.

Back to waiting for me!!

GJ_DAN

Sorry to hear that mate. Dreading that one myself but I’ll give it my best shot. At least they didn’t keep you waiting too long.

Diff

Sorry to hear, best of luck going forward.

Sorry to hear this news. This is only your first attempt though? Hopefully the feedback will be specific so know what to improve on next time. The DMI isn’t really a pass or fail, just means that you met the Freightliner standard, and even if you did, it’s about how you scored in comparison to other candidates as to whether they’d offer you a job. I literally only got gold for DMI feedback that my examples weren’t as varied as other candidates. There was no mention about specifics, I got the impression it was a generic response.

Good luck going forward!

Sorry to hear that mate. Dreading that one myself but I’ll give it my best shot. At least they didn’t keep you waiting too long.

Cheers guys :) Yes Stigy it’s my first one, I believe this means I have to wait 6 months before applying anywhere else?

Yes hopefully the feedback is specific and helpful, I hope it’s not a generic reply! :)

Stigy

Established Member
Cheers guys :) Yes Stigy it’s my first one, I believe this means I have to wait 6 months before applying anywhere else?

Yes hopefully the feedback is specific and helpful, I hope it’s not a generic reply! :)
Yes, you’ll need to wait 6 months unfortunately, but at least you know what to expect next time. I believe MMI feedback is quite specific in what areas you didn’t score too well in (from what colleagues have said). Good luck and don’t give up.

NorvernRob

Had the medical today...all went well but gosh the hearing test! The sounds were soooooo quiet. Would Defo advise getting your ears cleaned out by GP beforehand although I found the lady seemed to want me to pass everything.

Back to waiting for me!!

Haha it’s a good one isn’t it. Different TOC but I had mine last week and seriously handicapped myself as I’d been up nearly all night with my daughter, was totally knackered and could only hear the sound of my heart pounding through my ears! I still passed grade 1 but had no idea what I’d missed, obviously nothing or very little but I was convinced I hadn’t done well.

GMT

Yes, you’ll need to wait 6 months unfortunately, but at least you know what to expect next time. I believe MMI feedback is quite specific in what areas you didn’t score too well in (from what colleagues have said). Good luck and don’t give up.
Well, it wasn't my case when I didn't pass the MMI with Thameslink. The reply from HR was 'Communication skills' and the lady from HR, Trudi, said in the email that unfortunately she couldn't be more specific and she couldn't disclose any more.

My advice to Diff would be to sit back and go through the entire interview now that is still fresh in his/her mind. Ask yourself where you went wrong and learn from your mistake(s). I did that and I also tried not to get myself down, as when they say something like that to somebody like me whose first language is not English the effect may be a bit discouraging. However, given that I had passed the DMI before the MMI my fluency must have not been that bad. Then I realised where I had gone wrong: a couple of not suitable answers, a few times using 'we' rather than 'I', not engaging at the end with the interviewer taking it for granted that I had failed. Over these last two years I have worked on my answers improving them (at least so I think), and I'll keep in mind not to use the 1st person plural pronoun and to engage with the interviewer until the last second. Then if I don't have the skills there's nothing I can do, I'll say goodbye and forget about it.

martin2345uk

Established Member
That damn hearing test...! I'd be on the December course if it hadn't been for that!

*shakes fist angrily*

Nishhh

It was awful!

Takes longer than I expected as well, the whole process I mean.

Does anyone know how long after their medical they heard from Freightliner in regards to the next stage? CRB I think?

StuFreight

It was awful!

Does anyone know how long after their medical they heard from Freightliner in regards to the next stage? CRB I think?
I rang up the week after my medical and was told I would have my contract the next week and it arrived on the Friday. Start in January

Seejwalker

It was awful!

I took the initiative and done the background check myself, I used scottSco disclosure and it took 48 hours to arrive. They pretty much had the medical results within that time too.

Jaytrains

I used the practice material they provided as well as using google to search for alternative practise tests.

The practise for group bourdon I didn’t find useful so I googled it and found better examples.

Just test yourself until you find that your speed and accuracy are at a good level.
Thanks allot

They only asked me to get a basic Scottish disclosure. I’d personally wait for them to ask for it so you get exactly what they ask for, keep a receipt and they reimburse once you start. As mentioned it only takes a few working days to come through

Yeah that’s what they asked for. Not sure how long it lasts for, just if you have any sort of wait it will need renewing sooner

Stigy

Established Member
Well, it wasn't my case when I didn't pass the MMI with Thameslink. The reply from HR was 'Communication skills' and the lady from HR, Trudi, said in the email that unfortunately she couldn't be more specific and she couldn't disclose any more.

My advice to Diff would be to sit back and go through the entire interview now that is still fresh in his/her mind. Ask yourself where you went wrong and learn from your mistake(s). I did that and I also tried not to get myself down, as when they say something like that to somebody like me whose first language is not English the effect may be a bit discouraging. However, given that I had passed the DMI before the MMI my fluency must have not been that bad. Then I realised where I had gone wrong: a couple of not suitable answers, a few times using 'we' rather than 'I', not engaging at the end with the interviewer taking it for granted that I had failed. Over these last two years I have worked on my answers improving them (at least so I think), and I'll keep in mind not to use the 1st person plural pronoun and to engage with the interviewer until the last second. Then if I don't have the skills there's nothing I can do, I'll say goodbye and forget about it.
Good advice I reckon. Good luck.

@Diff if the feedback is that generic for you, too, maybe look at asking to see interview notes? I know it’s different to a standard interview, but in a DMI for example (or any other standard interview for that matter), candidates can request that the company disclose their notes mate at interview. It’s not a company policy, but your legal right. Maybe it’s the same with MMI, I don’t know?

StuFreight

Did you go ahead and apply for your CRB beforehand?
Yes I got an email saying to apply for that and that my medical was booked in. So I did the CRB first it arrived about a week before the medical. If I hadn't have rang up I wouldn't have known till the contract arrived 2 weeks after the medical. So I was able to hand my notice in earlier. 3 wks off over Christmas now made up. Everything takes time it's very frustrating but each stage had always led on to the next every 2 to 4 weeks.

Seejwalker

Have you decided if you're accepting the DB offer mate?
Yeah mate I am, I've withdrawn my application with Freightliner. DB will be a better fit for me and my family. I'm actually really excited to be part of a newly introduced role too.

Status
Not open for further replies.