• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Diff

Good advice I reckon. Good luck.

@Diff if the feedback is that generic for you, too, maybe look at asking to see interview notes? I know it’s different to a standard interview, but in a DMI for example (or any other standard interview for that matter), candidates can request that the company disclose their notes mate at interview. It’s not a company policy, but your legal right. Maybe it’s the same with MMI, I don’t know?

I will do mate, cheers. We'll see what they say :)

Remi Vacca

Hi Guys

I've just had my stage 1 date confirmed as being on the 11th of December. I have previously applied to Arriva Rail about 11 months ago and failed at my stage 2 assessment centre so am going into this a little nervous.

I was just wondering how people found the stage 1 and 2 assessments and if anyone has any advice for the further stages i.e MMI and DMI.

GJ_DAN

Currently sitting in the kitchen area at Freightliner waiting for my manager’s interview lol. I’ve passed the computer tests, not sure about the mmi though. Not confident on that. It sure is a long day

Currently sitting in the kitchen area at Freightliner waiting for my manager’s interview lol. I’ve passed the computer tests, not sure about the mmi though. Not confident on that. It sure is a long day
Belated good luck, I remember that feeling of waiting with me having the last DMI of the day. Although they told me on the day about MMI so went into it knowing it was the final hurdle.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi Guys

I've just had my stage 1 date confirmed as being on the 11th of December. I have previously applied to Arriva Rail about 11 months ago and failed at my stage 2 assessment centre so am going into this a little nervous.

I was just wondering how people found the stage 1 and 2 assessments and if anyone has any advice for the further stages i.e MMI and DMI.
So you’ve passed stage one already? Should only need to redo the stage two in that case. You’ll still have to attend on the 11th, but make it clear (although they will prompt you in sure).

Stigy

Established Member
Hope it went well, good luck!

Remi Vacca

So you’ve passed stage one already? Should only need to redo the stage two in that case. You’ll still have to attend on the 11th, but make it clear (although they will prompt you in sure).
Yes I passed the stage 1 but Arriva do things slightly different. I completed all my paper tests on stage one and then on stage 2 failed my trainability for rules and procedures part 1.

Having been on the OPC website and downloaded the practice test for this it seems to be the exact same paper I sat previously. Hoping this might be the case again. (Fingers crossed) as I'm going to concentrate on making sure I don't make the same mistake again. I let my nerves get the better of me the last time but making sure I shake them off before the assessment centre.

GJ_DAN

Cheers guys. Well I’m back home after a long day. The managers interview was quite relaxed but still throwing the standard questions at you that you’d expect. Overall I don’t feel confident but I guess you never know. By the time my managers interview came along my brain was frazzled!

GLENMAYE77

Cheers guys. Well I’m back home after a long day. The managers interview was quite relaxed but still throwing the standard questions at you that you’d expect. Overall I don’t feel confident but I guess you never know. By the time my managers interview came along my brain was frazzled!

I was the same.....fried brain by the time of the DMI!

Luke Allen

Fingers crossed for you mate. Did they give you any idea when they’re running a course for Birmingham?

w.bellis1976

I passed everything 1st time, can't believe it! Just waiting on DMI results now. Refreshing email's a million times a day.
Good luck everyone. :)

Paulm36

I passed everything 1st time, can't believe it! Just waiting on DMI results now. Refreshing email's a million times a day.
Congratulations on your pass , and fingers crossed for your dmi , can i just ask how long you had to wait for the results of your mmi ? I only did mine yesterday but was just trying to get an idea on how long it take to get my results . The waiting is always the hardest part

GLENMAYE77

Congratulations on your pass , and fingers crossed for your dmi , can i just ask how long you had to wait for the results of your mmi ? I only did mine yesterday but was just trying to get an idea on how long it take to get my results . The waiting is always the hardest part

Did my Stage 2 on 28th nov....got the MMI results on 3rd dec

It’s strange, I got my MMI results about 20mins after doing the MMI and just before the DMI. Anyone else have that?

BillyB

I got my results on the 3Rd too, looks like they give everyone a group email on the Monday from the previous week.

GLENMAYE77

M

Me too.....can’t say I’m too hopeful but until the fat lady sings I’m still in the mix.

Stigy

Established Member
It’s strange, I got my MMI results about 20mins after doing the MMI and just before the DMI. Anyone else have that?
I got mine about 4-minutes after sitting the interview :)

Not even time to boil the bloody kettle haha. Then straight in to DMI pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.