• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Hunt

:( I passed the SJT but not the VSE. I'm gutted.
So it looks like I'm back to searching for trainee roles in my area and won't be able to re-apply to Freightliner for 6 months.
Good luck to all those still in the process!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
Got my email yesterday, I've passed VSE (really thought I'd fluffed it) and have to attend more tests at Crewe on 30th August - short notice date but my roster clerk has been very understanding and managed to rework things around having that day off.

Bristol VRIII

After an anxious week found out last night that I've passed the tests and been invited to Crewe for the assessment day on 23rd 9am which I'm gutted about as I passed all the written and computer tests last year with GTR :'(, anyway is anyone staying overnight?, I'm from Peterborough so Its the sensible option!

Diff

I applied for this role on the last day the advert was up (Friday) and today, a week later, have heard back lol. It says I need to take the Visual Search Exercise – 60 & M7 Situational Judgement Test – 60 mins by the 24th. I've never done these before and I'm new to it all so I've never practiced anything either. Is there anything I can do to practice or is their PDF sufficient?

Are there any computer requirements or is it just a simple multiple choice test? :)

Jay_t

Anyone know how many people they are willing to take on? There seem to be alot going to the assesments!

martin2345uk

Established Member
I applied for this role on the last day the advert was up (Friday) and today, a week later, have heard back lol. It says I need to take the Visual Search Exercise – 60 & M7 Situational Judgement Test – 60 mins by the 24th. I've never done these before and I'm new to it all so I've never practiced anything either. Is there anything I can do to practice or is their PDF sufficient?

Are there any computer requirements or is it just a simple multiple choice test? :)

The practise material gives you a good enough idea plus you get to practice the real thing a lot of times before you actually take the test. Make sure it’s a computer with a mouse I would say :)

Diff

The practise material gives you a good enough idea plus you get to practice the real thing a lot of times before you actually take the test. Make sure it’s a computer with a mouse I would say :)
Excellent cheers Martin, it says on the practice that it's best to print it off. Did anyone else do this? Or wasn't it necessary?

Class323201

Excellent cheers Martin, it says on the practice that it's best to print it off. Did anyone else do this? Or wasn't it necessary?

I would definitely print them off and practice. The tests are not designed to catch people out they are designed to evaluate your level of concentration, awareness and your ability to process lots of information at once.
Print them off and give them a go and when you sign in to do the computer tests you do have the option of taking a practice first which I highly recommend. Best of luck.

Lenny_1986

Anyone know how many people they are willing to take on? There seem to be alot going to the assesments!
It does seem strange that they are still asking people to complete the SJT and VSE. Freightliner haven’t exactly provided much information reference the job. All the information I’ve found has been from this website

Diff

I would definitely print them off and practice. The tests are not designed to catch people out they are designed to evaluate your level of concentration, awareness and your ability to process lots of information at once.
Print them off and give them a go and when you sign in to do the computer tests you do have the option of taking a practice first which I highly recommend. Best of luck.

Thank you very much, I’ll find a printer tomorrow and get them :)

Diff

I read somewhere on a thread, may have been this one, that they might be after 100 drivers. Not sure how true and can’t find the post I read for proof though sorry.

Last edited:

Jay_t

I read somewhere on a thread, may have been this one, that they might be after 100 drivers. Not sure how true and can’t find the post I read for proof
Christ!! Mite be in with a chance then!!!! Ha.

Teddyward

I read somewhere on a thread, may have been this one, that they might be after 100 drivers. Not sure how true and can’t find the post I read for proof
Was told on my group assessment day they wanted about 100 new and qualified over next couple years.

TonyMontana

How long do you have/did it take you to do the VSE, I'm hoping to get it done tonight straight after work, before the misses and kids get back

Stanstaff

Congratulations to those who progressed through to the psychometric tests! Let me know if I can be of any help with the tests, I passed them a couple of months ago :D
Hi I was just wondering what the dfft test consists of and have you got any tips for that? Thanks in advance

mumrar

Established Member
I can only speak for myself, but I was really pressed for time, so I didn't print them off and used a phone to countdown timer myself against the given tasks. I did it a couple of times without being able to go back and mark, but felt confident enough at that time.

TonyMontana

Just completed the VSE no mistakes on part 1, made 2 stupid errors on part 2, then part 3 made some stupid errors maybe 2 or 3 in a row when I got thrown off track. Just hope I did enough *fingers crossed*

Diff

I can only speak for myself, but I was really pressed for time, so I didn't print them off and used a phone to countdown timer myself against the given tasks. I did it a couple of times without being able to go back and mark, but felt confident enough at that time.

Cheers mumrar :)

martin2345uk

Established Member
How are people getting on with Group Bourdon practice?

I can't shake my last couple of omissions, here's today's stats

Sheet 1 - 9 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 2 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 3 - 9 rows, 2 omissions
Sheet 4 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 5 - 10 rows, 0 omissions

Really annoying! :(

Lenny_1986

How are people getting on with Group Bourdon practice?

I can't shake my last couple of omissions, here's today's stats

Sheet 1 - 9 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 2 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 3 - 9 rows, 2 omissions
Sheet 4 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 5 - 10 rows, 0 omissions

Really annoying! :(
Haha I wish I only had 2 omissions. First attempt and I just got 16 omissions

Diff

Is anyone printing the Group Bourdon tests off or doing them on a screen? I’ve only been using the PC as of now but I feel like it might be more realistic and more worthwhile to print them off...

Stanstaff

Hi everyone new to this forum. I done the dots test a while ago it is best to print them off and practice with a pencil and paper, the test on the day the dots are slightly smaller but with plenty of practice you all should be fine with that one. Go at a nice steady speed and try not to rush.

Stanstaff

The test that is the most complicated I think is the dfft,has anyone on here passed that one before? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, is there always 2 faults to find or does it vary in each question?

Diff

Hi everyone new to this forum. I done the dots test a while ago it is best to print them off and practice with a pencil and paper, the test on the day the dots are slightly smaller but with plenty of practice you all should be fine with that one. Go at a nice steady speed and try not to rush.

Cheers for the info, my fear about printing is marking them, if I missed one the first time I might miss it when marking haha. I’ve been using the PC because the marking is 100% accurate.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Cheers for the info, my fear about printing is marking them, if I missed one the first time I might miss it when marking haha. I’ve been using the PC because the marking is 100% accurate.

If you print them using that tool linked on this forum, it gives you the option to print the answers to allow for easy checking, that's what I've been doing.

Stanstaff

No problem, good point I see what you mean, if you are getting good scores without printing them. I found it easier with the pencil and paper but maybe I am a bit old school. Lol

Diff

If you print them using that tool linked on this forum, it gives you the option to print the answers to allow for easy checking, that's what I've been doing.
Ahh right I didn’t know the tool had that function. I’ll have to get some printed! Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.