• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Southampton/Eastleigh
Took them 8-days to give me the bad news for Eastleigh re my DMI :(

They said during the DMI it would be between 2 and 3 weeks.

I had my MMI and DMI on the 11th but was given the pass for the MMI on the day.not sure if the length of time relates to the most desperate depots, or whether they just get the ‘bad news’ candidates out the way first? Struggling to find any method in it to be honest as loads of people have had different waits to hear as well as different waits for MMI.

Good luck!

Last edited:

floydeeeee

Took them 8-days to give me the bad news for Eastleigh re my DMI :(

They said during the DMI it would be between 2 and 3 weeks.

I had my MMI and DMI on the 11th but was given the pass for the MMI on the day.not sure if the length of time relates to the most desperate depots, or whether they just get the ‘bad news’ candidates out the way first? Struggling to find any method in it to be honest as loads of people have had different waits to hear as well as different waits for MMI.

Good luck!
Thanks stiggy.
Yeah seems to be a few that were told on the day ref the mmi

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks stiggy.
Yeah seems to be a few that were told on the day ref the mmi
I only had to do my MMI/DMI on the day so went in first for MMI and was told within five minutes of it being over that I’d passed. If I had failed I’d not have sat the DMI. I believe they spit our group so some did it the other way around, but all found out about the MMI on the day.

floydeeeee

I only had to do my MMI/DMI on the day so went in first for MMI and was told within five minutes of it being over that I’d passed. If I had failed I’d not have sat the DMI. I believe they spit our group so some did it the other way around, but all found out about the MMI on the day.

That makes sense. Did any of your group do the Vienna tests or just mmi /dmi

Stigy

Established Member
That makes sense. Did any of your group do the Vienna tests or just mmi /dmi
It was just me who only had to do the MMI and DMI as I still had pass marks that Freightliner considered current for everything else at stage 2.

All our group found out the results of MMI & Vienna on the day. Again as there were 5 (should of been 6 but 1 no show) some did DMI before Vienna.

Lendog2012

We had six in our group so they split us in to 2 groups. 3 of us completed the Vienna Tests altogether, 1 person did the MMI, 1 person did the DMI and 1 person sat in the mess room twiddling their thumbs for a bit. Then they just swapped it round once had finished. Unfortunately 2 lads didn't pass the Vienna so they didn't continue with the process. None of us were told on the day that we had passed the MMI or DMI, I found out from the OPC regarding my MMI then approx 1 week later asked to drop in to the Talent Pool by Freightliner. I suppose with the amount of applicants of which some who had already completed the RSSB tests, they must have had to be flexible with each group of interviewees.

floydeeeee

We had six in our group so they split us in to 2 groups. 3 of us completed the Vienna Tests altogether, 1 person did the MMI, 1 person did the DMI and 1 person sat in the mess room twiddling their thumbs for a bit. Then they just swapped it round once had finished. Unfortunately 2 lads didn't pass the Vienna so they didn't continue with the process. None of us were told on the day that we had passed the MMI or DMI, I found out from the OPC regarding my MMI then approx 1 week later asked to drop in to the Talent Pool by Freightliner. I suppose with the amount of applicants of which some who had already completed the RSSB tests, they must have had to be flexible with each group of interviewees.
When did you sit yours lendog?

Pete C

I found they were pretty quick with the MMI results but I sat on 18th Oct still waiting for DMI results.
Mine took about 2 weeks from the 11th so hopefully you'll hear end of the week / start of next week :)

Pete C

I think mine was actually the Monday after two weeks was up - left me hanging over an extra weekend :lol:

DavyC32

Anyone put down for Dartford?
Im just waiting to see if my application will be accepted. Lady at Db cargo said the training for 10 weeks is possibly in Didcot. Is this true.
I want to know all there is to becoming a driver.... just gotta get my foot in the door. I believe I've gotta be patient and wait it out.
We shall see.
Many thanks all.
Davy

Anyone put down for Dartford?
Im just waiting to see if my application will be accepted. Lady at Db cargo said the training for 10 weeks is possibly in Didcot. Is this true.
I want to know all there is to becoming a driver.... just gotta get my foot in the door. I believe I've gotta be patient and wait it out.
We shall see.
Many thanks all.
Davy

This is the Freightliner thread so I doubt if you'll find out much here

boogie

anyone here had a medical in Manchester at
MANCHESTER (Spinnaker Court) Ground Floor, Spinnaker Court, Chandlers Point, 31 Broadway, Salford, Greater Manchester, M50 2YR
if so is there any parking.
Cheers

martin2345uk

Established Member
anyone here had a medical in Manchester at
MANCHESTER (Spinnaker Court) Ground Floor, Spinnaker Court, Chandlers Point, 31 Broadway, Salford, Greater Manchester, M50 2YR
if so is there any parking.
Cheers

No they sent me to flippin Birmingham for mine even though I live in Manchester! Why don't you call the place and ask them, if no one else on here knows :)

Pete C

Had my medical today in Loughton, the nurse seemed pretty confident I passed so that's another thing out of the way hopefully! Sent off my Disclosure cert too so I guess it's back to waiting for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.