• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulm36

Morning gents had my stage 2 yesterday including mmi and dmi. Was told I had reached standard for all assessments just waiting to hear back from mmi and dmi results.

I think mmi went better than the dmi don't know if I should have reeled off more facts about freightliner or not..slightly worried. How long did it take you guys to hear about results ? Genuinely want this so bad that I couldn't sleep yesterday haha.

I'm down for Birmingham also but volunteered for rugby or Crewe as back ups.

Ben
I sat my stage 2 Tuesday the 4th of December and haven't heard anything back from the opc regarding my mmi yet , so it's anyone's guess , not expecting to hear from freightliner about dmi for at least 2 weeks . Just hope to find out before Christmas . Good luck and fingers crossed .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GJ_DAN

Morning gents had my stage 2 yesterday including mmi and dmi. Was told I had reached standard for all assessments just waiting to hear back from mmi and dmi results.

I think mmi went better than the dmi don't know if I should have reeled off more facts about freightliner or not..slightly worried. How long did it take you guys to hear about results ? Genuinely want this so bad that I couldn't sleep yesterday haha.

I'm down for Birmingham also but volunteered for rugby or Crewe as back ups.

Ben
Starting to wish I put Crewe down as a 2nd option, seems to be a lot already for Birmingham. Though Crewe is 1hr 30mins away and when I applied you had to live within an hour away.

GMT

P.S if anyone has any questions about either interview I'll be happy to help
All the best for your results. At present my nightmare is the MMI, did she/he ask you the usual six questions (i.e. emergency/training course or similar/rules & procedures/task similar to train driver/difficult problem/working alone)?

GLENMAYE77

Fingers crossed for you!

Did they ask you to add Crewe to your list too?

Yes....to be honest I mentioned it to them anyway after what had been said on here and the fact you could only apply for one location at the start of the process.

lampsr5

All the best for your results. At present my nightmare is the MMI, did she/he ask you the usual six questions (i.e. emergency/training course or similar/rules & procedures/task similar to train driver/difficult problem/working alone)?

thanks mate they were those six questions in the mmi I think if you revised your situations and can cater them to the required qualities for a train driver it should be good I made sure to get the
buzzwords in such as safe calm professional communication respect etc etc

Starting to wish I put Crewe down as a 2nd option, seems to be a lot already for Birmingham. Though Crewe is 1hr 30mins away and when I applied you had to live within an hour away.

They asked me to be honest mate if I would be willing to look at other places so I agreed. I wouldn't worry too much it sounded like they were recruiting lots of new trainees inc into the new year

Last edited:

Lendog2012

You did the right thing mate. I would expect them to hold a few extra people then required, in the pool but I would doubt loads more than they need so hopefully we will all be sorted in the future. The not knowing is the hard bit for me, normally you would apply for a job and its a yes and here is your start date or a straight no. The railway is tricky like that.

Branston

So, I have just received an email from Freightliner regarding my application.
I have passed the manager interview and am being placed in a pool until a vacancy becomes available for my chosen depot (Peterborough).
The beginning of the email did make me think it was a thank you but no thank you (maybe just ill and lack of sleep )!!

Mike121

So, I have just received an email from Freightliner regarding my application.
I have passed the manager interview and am being placed in a pool until a vacancy becomes available for my chosen depot (Peterborough).
The beginning of the email did make me think it was a thank you but no thank you (maybe just ill and lack of sleep )!!

I got the same email couple of months ago! It does make you think it’s bad news initially lol

martin2345uk

Established Member
Finally got officially told yesterday I’ve passed my medical now on the second attempt and now they’re just waiting for course date confirmation. Aargh throw us a bone here Freightliner! :lol:

GLENMAYE77

I’ve had my DMI result too......I’ve been my given armbands to join the others who are paddling in the pool

Last edited:

Paulm36

Hi guys , I've just received an email from freightliner saying that I've passed my dmi and I'm to be placed into a pool , which I'm absolutely over the moon about , however I still haven't received confirmation from the opc that I have passed my mmi interview. Do I just assume that I've passed this ? It's just my luck that I've passed dmi and failed mmi ? Any advise would be much appreciated.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Pretty sure FL wouldn’t put you in a pool without having been told you passed everything- you’re good!

BillyB

Absolutely gutted just received email from Freightliner.
Due to the high calibre and volume of applications we have received, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

BillyB

Congratulations to everyone else who has been successful, and good luck for your future.

lampsr5

Wow! That’s really quick for you! Well done.

Didn’t you only have your stage two yesterday?

yeah mate only had it yesterday can't believe it.
Due to the high calibre and volume of applications we have received, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

Billy that's gutting man keep your chin up and go for it again bro you know what the process entails now

martin2345uk

Established Member

Sorry to hear that man :( was that after your DMI?

BMoore

I just got the same rejection email aswell, good luck and well done to all those moving forward

GLENMAYE77

Pal I’m gutted for you.....was sure you would’ve gotten a positive result.

Paulm36

Sorry guys can i just ask how to respond to the invitation to be accepted into the pool , because if you just reply to the email they sent , you get an automated reply saying sorry ,
the Trainee Train Driver advert is now closed!
We will not be accepting any further applications or enquiries about the posts.

lampsr5

Sorry guys can i just ask how to respond to the invitation to be accepted into the pool , because if you just reply to the email they sent , you get an automated reply saying sorry ,
the Trainee Train Driver advert is now closed!
We will not be accepting any further applications or enquiries about the posts.

I just replied mate to that email

GJ_DAN

Unfortunately it was bad news for me as well. Never mind, try again in 6months+ time I guess. Still none the wiser if I passed my mmi though which is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.