• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Friday 5 Oct 2007: The Autumn Highlander

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

I was fortunate enough to be able to get a glimpse of 55022 as it revved up heading north through Manors on this railtour nearly two years ago:

RSG%20at%20Manors.jpg

Now, thanks to the marvellous train from Martin and the team, I've modelled it for my ECML route. The run starts from Newcastle at 1310hrs, and is looped at Morpeth, just as the real train was scheduled to do. In real life, the train stood there for more than forty minutes; in "sim" life, you're held there for seven (even I'm not sad enough to stare at a screen doing nothing for three quarters of an hour!), so the timings north of Morpeth are half an hour ahead of those that were given for the real train.

Judging by the timings, this magnificent machine was limited to a maximum of 75mph. Shame!

There's little point in thrashing the simulation before Morpeth - you'll just be held in the loop longer! Try driving it at 75mph - it's quite tricky to keep it at that, thanks to the gradients.

If you've already got version 1.4 of my ECML, you can download a patch to add the Deltic railtour here. If you have an earlier version, or haven't got ECML yet, you'll need the full download, and, of course, the fantastic train.

Turn the volume up and make your walls vibrate!

Enjoy.

Regards to all.

eezypeazy

edit: PS: At 1hr 22mins duration, this one's not for the faint-hearted!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.