• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Friday evenings from Paddington to Bristol Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I haven't had to travel from Paddington to Bristol Parkway on a Friday evening for quite a few years now. I always remember the status of the 19.15 as being absolutely crazy, however since then a relief has been added at 19.12. Is one of these services better than another to travel on in terms of passenger loading, or has the extra train untapped some induced demand meaning both trains are now absolutely packed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FQTV

Depending on how far in advance you're planning, and whether you're in a hurry, I'd strongly recommend the 19:02 to Taunton; book Pullman Dining and then the 21:19 XC to Parkway.

When we did it, connecting only as far as Temple Meads and therefore on the 21:15, all bar two of the Pullman diners also alighted at Taunton to connect to Bristol - and so the party continued!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A SSS from London to Bristol isn't valid via Taunton, and that would mean a too late arrival into Bristol.

dk1

Veteran Member
On the subject of the 19:12 it's going to run Monday's-Thursdays too from December.

Status
Not open for further replies.