• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

From A to B

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Nice up here ain't it. the birds are singing and the sun is shining and my train sits mivering in the siding while I wait on the platform. A Diesel train arrives but I don't want it so let it pass. My train exits the siding and I board and settle down. Off we go for a lively ride downhill for a few miles. After a series of curves and stops we head off at speed passing other trains on the way. We stop at a major junction and then off once more fast. Big trains and little trains I see as we go until we come to a station with four platforms where I alight. A smaller train I board for more downhill running to a place where a detective once lived. I change again and go to a place where a tall building associated with the homeless stands and change trains again. This, my final train will take me to my destination via an underground 'spaghetti junction' to a place where a very large shopping centre and road junction are. Where have come from/been/ and finished?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
I think you started at Amersham, and gone to Marylebone, where you have changed onto the Bakerloo as far as Baker Street. After that, I've no idea.

Jordy

Established Member
DistrictLine said:
Nice up here ain't it. the birds are singing and the sun is shining and my train sits mivering in the siding while I wait on the platform. A Diesel train arrives but I don't want it so let it pass. (Amersham?) My train exits the siding and I board and settle down. Off we go for a lively ride downhill for a few miles. After a series of curves and stops we head off at speed passing other trains on the way (The Met Line?). We stop at a major junction (Wembley Park?) and then off once more fast. Big trains and little trains (Jubilee Line Trains?) I see as we go until we come to a station with four platforms where I alight
(Finchley Road?). A smaller train I board for more downhill running to a place where a detective once lived (Jubliee Line, Baker Street?). I change again and go to a place where a tall building associated with the homeless stands and change trains again. This, my final train will take me to my destination via an underground 'spaghetti junction' to a place where a very large shopping centre and road junction are. Where have come from/been/ and finished?

My ideas in bold brackets, got a bit lost at the end!

Jordy

RJ

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
I think you started at Amersham, and gone to Marylebone, where you have changed onto the Bakerloo as far as Baker Street. After that, I've no idea.

I was gonna say that, but then I remembered he lets the diesel train pass, and Marylebone now has more than 4 platforms.

David

Established Member
No. It still has 4 platforms, as the 2 new ones aren't finished yet.

Met Driver

Established Member
So far I've got:

A Diesel train arrives but I don't want it so let it pass. My train exits the siding and I board and settle down. Amersham

After a series of curves and stops we head off at speed passing other trains on the way. Moor Park

We stop at a major junction and then off once more fast. Harrow on the Hill

Big trains and little trains I see as we go until we come to a station with four platforms where I alight. Finchley Road

A smaller train I board for more downhill running to a place where a detective once lived. Baker Street

I'm a bit lost after that...

RJ

Established Member
Amersham - (Harrow on the Hill before passing little Jubilee Line trains and big slow Met ones, Neasden Junction being the Junction) - Baker Street - Westminster - .....

T

Tom

Nice up here ain't it. the birds are singing and the sun is shining and my train sits mivering in the siding while I wait on the platform. A Diesel train arrives but I don't want it so let it pass.
Amersham

My train exits the siding and I board and settle down. Off we go for a lively ride downhill for a few miles. After a series of curves and stops we head off at speed passing other trains on the way. We stop at a major junction and then off once more fast.
Harrow-on-the-Hill or Wembley Park

Big trains and little trains I see as we go until we come to a station with four platforms where I alight.
Finchley Road

A smaller train I board for more downhill running to a place where a detective once lived.
Baker Street (via Bakerloo or Jubilee)

I change again and go to a place where a tall building associated with the homeless stands and change trains again.
Tottenham Court Road (Centrepoint building)

This, my final train will take me to my destination via an underground 'spaghetti junction' to a place where a very large shopping centre and road junction are. Where have come from/been/ and finished?
Camden Town

H

HR2

Well we have got as far as Camden Town but not to my destination. So no-one has the total yet.

[I'm surprised at Seth though]

RJ

Established Member
Amersham - Harrow on the Hill - Baker Street - Tottenham Court Road - Camden Town - Brent Cross?

H

HR2

Joea1 is good at this ain't he? [Don't like his exploding microwave thingy though. I find it a bit upsetting to be honest]

Status
Not open for further replies.