• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fruit Juice Stops Drugs Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
To my mind, you're incredibly stupid if you do any drugs at all [except for medical reasons]

Bayum

Established Member
OK. Lets be precise.

Leah Betts died from a cerebral oedema caused by water intoxication and hyponatremia as a result of drinking too much water in a short space of time. However, it was noted at the inquest into her death that simply drinking this volume of fluid would not have been sufficient to have killed her. The reason why it did was because the ecstasy caused an excessive release of anti-diuretic hormone that prevented her from passing the excess fluid.

Drinking too much water was a factor in Leah Betts' death, but it was not the only cause. If she hadn't taken ecstasy she would have had a normal reaction to fluid overload (peeing loads) and survived.

I'm closing the book on this line of discussion now. I know we're effectively talking about the same thing here so I'm not going to push it any further. Yes you can theoretically die from a fluid overload, but this is not normally the case unless other factors are at work such as certain brain injuries, cancers or infections, or intoxication by certain drugs (including ecstasy).

O L Leigh

Fair enough - what about the case pointed out earlier by the woman who drank excessively to win her children a Wii??

Same thing happened to her... And she didn't take Ecstasy before

class 313

Established Member
This is the point,

Too much this, too much that is bad for you. Pretty much everything causes cancer so why not just enjoy yourself? If you're actually going to listen to these people then you will lead a boring and dull life :|

Status
Not open for further replies.