• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FTPE Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth. c

I thought this my self mate, but I dint receive an email just a phone call which mentioned 4 day induction but whereabouts and time would be included when received contract.. which i got today and stated 'On your first day please report to huddersfield at 0900hrs and ask for **** Learning and development manager, A four day corporate induction has been arranged for you from the 12th to the 15th of jan at 'the hub', Enjoy your first day'

Grafter

Congratulations to you all that have your start dates. I wish you all the best and hope that it goes well for you...

beavercreek

When I went through it all I went to my depot on the Monday to collect a lot of books and uniform so take a suitcase.I met the managers and then went to my hotel for early afternoon.The induction was Tuesday till Friday and on these days we did a variety of quizzes, watched DVDs, was told about the company and training in first aid and Fire.
You will be issued a itinary of what is happening each week.

Stilltrying

Gareth just on way home from work can you PM me your email address and I'll send the email over that I received
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks Grafter and Beavercreek

I've sent the e mail Gareth let me know what you think.

The e mail lays out the same sort of week that you describe above Beavercreek. Can you shed any light on the structure of the training, timings and locations wise, I know it may change etc but just wondered what process you went through roughly. Also do they allocate leave as a group, I've been told the holidays I have booked are likely to be cancelled, so be it, the Bahamas will still be there next year lol
Thanks

beavercreek

It's a ten month programme and if you pm your email then I can send you a copy.Basically you will be at the Hub for Four months learning all about the railways and rule book.There is a weeks annual leave around early April.You will do a station, signal box and control visit.You will go to the simulator once a week.
There is two seperate weeks of front end turns at your depot and after all this you will do three weeks traction at ardwick.
You will go to your depot around June and by mid June start your 245 hours handling.You will pass out around November or December on your core route.

alexhart02

Hi all,

I know some of you have had your replies and some others haven't.. should I be worried that I still haven't heard back regarding my stage 1 Group Bourdon test I sat in October?

I originally called FTPE to query results and was told somebody would get back to me in a week. Nothing after 2 weeks, called back. Same answer. Nothing by december so I called the examining body who said they can't disclose details until FTPE do.

Is no news good news?

This was for Manchester Piccadilly application.

Last edited:

TheVicLine

Hi all,

I know some of you have had your replies and some others haven't.. should I be worried that I still haven't heard back regarding my stage 1 Group Bourdon test I sat in October?

I originally called FTPE to query results and was told somebody would get back to me in a week. Nothing after 2 weeks, called back. Same answer. Nothing by december so I called the examining body who said they can't disclose details until FTPE do.

Is no news good news?

This was for Manchester Piccadilly application.

The course starts next week so I would think it's safe to say it's a thanks but no thanks. :cry:

alexhart02

I take it it's just the one course then and not like staggered starts? That's a shame. I would of thought they would contact me one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.