• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FTPE Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ST

Cheers Grafter, I have put my app in, not sure how soon this will be closed, I can imagine there will be a rather large number of apps.

Good luck to all who apply.

ST

Didn't ask which Depot, I just completed a general application, I guess they will get to that bit later down the recruitment line....

302PS

When you click on a specific advert that constitutes your choice

ST

Yes 302PS you are right, i did click on the correct link, apologies for the confusion and good luck

TheVicLine

Can you apply for 2 depots?

No, only one active application at any one time. It will probably ask somewhere in the application if you have any other pending applications and stop the process if you have. That's the way they did it in the past anyway.

Good luck all.

junior_7178

Closed?? WOW, I think they only went on yesterday afternoon. I must have been lucky and say the advert straight away and got my app in for Manchester.

I've just received an email saying I have to complete an online assessment within 48hrs. Does anyone know if this is the bloody verbal reasoning test?

Last edited:

junior_7178

I've just opened the link to the assessment I have to complete within 48hrs. It is called 'Checking Test'. From the example question t looks like a series of letters, then 5 to choose from opposite. In a short space of time you have to choose which one is correct. Has anyone seen this test before and got any little tips? It looks quite straightforward, however I've never seen one before.

I've just tried to open the practice test and I get an error code and it boots me out. Thought it might be a fault with the practice test so decided I'd run the risk of skipping the practice and go straight to the formal test. This also gave me an error code so I have emailed the support people. I'm hoping it is a genuine fault that needs rectifying and is not because I am trying to do it on a Samsung Tablet (I don't have a proper computer available to me for a week as I am abroad working).

Louby

I've just opened the link to the assessment I have to complete within 48hrs. It is called 'Checking Test'. From the example question t looks like a series of letters, then 5 to choose from opposite. In a short space of time you have to choose which one is correct. Has anyone seen this test before and got any little tips? It looks quite straightforward, however I've never seen one before.

I've just tried to open the practice test and I get an error code and it boots me out. Thought it might be a fault with the practice test so decided I'd run the risk of skipping the practice and go straight to the formal test. This also gave me an error code so I have emailed the support people. I'm hoping it is a genuine fault that needs rectifying and is not because I am trying to do it on a Samsung Tablet (I don't have a proper computer available to me for a week as I am abroad working).
You need a proper computer, iPad etc are not compatible

Nick82

I received my email today regarding vacancies, clicked the link but all have been withdrawn, curious if this a error or because they were overloaded in that short period of time?

302PS

Do they siv the actual application before inviting to second online assessment?

387star

On Moderation
Do they siv the actual application before inviting to second online assessment?

I took mine internally 20th august with FGW but with no news yet emailed and told interview invite will come once applicants all sifted... I know some have had rejects so presume passed the assessments at least

Applied with TPE internally as still advertised and asking me to take tests again so contacting first careers to check this

Nick82

Can anyone advise me on where were the locations advertised in the recent vacancies,

Nick82

yeah sorry got the 1st post, meant to say what ones in the north east as my email said there were 2 in that area

ST

It is amazing how quickly these have closed, the original closing date was just under two weeks away! Does anyone have an indication as to how many apps is the cut off point?!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Bo**ocks, well I guess that's me out, again, as I am unable to get access to a proper computer within 48hrs.

Internet Cafe????

Sorry guys but something strange is going on, no way the limit has been reached in a day I only recieved the email this morning.
Either the jobs have been pulled or there is a mistake and they will re advertise it. Or more sinisterly they've decided to take qualified drivers on instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.