• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ga - trainee train driver vacancy (wagn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notadriver

Established Member
West Anglia don't have any Depot Drivers. The shed work is done by mainline drivers. I'm pretty sure this is a starting salary and the wording gives the company the option to not to take your training any further if you are not up to standard.

So lets say they decide not to take your training any further and you only do depot movements - are you a shed/depot driver or a main line driver?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave1987

On Moderation
So lets say they decide not to take your training any further and you only do depot movements - are you a shed/depot driver or a main line driver?

Er I think that they would have the option of either terminating your contract or finding you a different job.

A-driver

Established Member

I think it's more the same as any toc, just worded differently. If you don't pass the tests along the way they may look at terminating your employment.

shirleyd286

Afternoon all, I don't suppose anyone still has the job description that they could PM it to me? I saved it as a .pdf but the bleeding pc has decided its corrupt and will only open half of it. <(

Thanks

Shirl

Alexc09

Hi all I got an email today putting me through to the next stage
So I've got to do a questionnaire and send it back by Wednesday.
Has anyone else heard back????

SND150

Well done Alex, out of interest what was the score on your application?
I haven't heard anything so not sure if that means I have been unsuccessful??

MuttleyBOT

I couldn't find a score on my application either and I've had the same email as Alexc09.

lordturns

I also had the same email and completed a 'response based questionnaire' at the weekend. It was straightforward and just common sense really.

shirleyd286

I've not heard either, my status on GA website is 'under consideration' would hope they just haven't got to it yet....:roll:

mkwhite

I've not heard either, my status on GA website is 'under consideration' would hope they just haven't got to it yet....:roll:

I cannot find my application on the GA website.:cry:
Did you have to register, I cannot remember but I definitely submitted the application.

Maccas

Did anyone get an email confirmation after filling out the additional questionnaire again. As I don't appear to have had one like I did with the initial application
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
panics over they confirmed receipt of form upon my request. So guess there's no auto-email confirmation sent

ollyb64

Scored 63 on my application and got the follow up questions on monday, am I correct in thinking the applications havent been read yet, they will only get read if we pass these questions?

Thanks

Dave1987

On Moderation
If that is the questionnaire I think it is, it is there to what kind of mentality you have to see whether you are suitable for the job. I would take an educated guess that it would depend on your answers to that questionnaire as to whether your application is considered.

andylee7

Scored 63 on my application and got the follow up questions on monday, am I correct in thinking the applications havent been read yet, they will only get read if we pass these questions?

Thanks

Hi olly I got exactly the same score, hopefully good news is coming for the next stage,

alex595

Hey, I too applied for the trainee position. Regarding logging back onto the GA site does nor recognise my email address. However I did get that email which requested me to complete an additional page. Any ideas? Should I just re-register or what?

shirleyd286

Hey, I too applied for the trainee position. Regarding logging back onto the GA site does nor recognise my email address. However I did get that email which requested me to complete an additional page. Any ideas? Should I just re-register or what?

The website login is very temperamental, do you still have the email confirming your application? you need to copy and paste the password, for some reason that is the only way it will work for me, I cannot manually type im the password.

Quickthorn

I've been invited to their assessment centre in Stratford. They've sent some practice materials, and the only test on the list I haven't passed very recently with other TOCs is the mechanical comprehension (MT4/4.1). I'm guessing that they won't make me repeat the ones I've already done, so it might be quite a short day!.

I haven't had to do any mechanical comprehension tests so far. I've read that MT4.2 is a challenge, but is MT4.1 easier?

Edit: just had confirmation of my assessment date, and they say they're going to even send a free travel voucher towards my journey! That's good of them - I've spent £hundreds on travel to other TOCs so far..

Last edited:

Dave1987

On Moderation
I've been invited to their assessment centre in Stratford. They've sent some practice materials, and the only test on the list I haven't passed very recently with other TOCs is the mechanical comprehension (MT4/4.1). I'm guessing that they won't make me repeat the ones I've already done, so it might be quite a short day!.

I haven't had to do any mechanical comprehension tests so far. I've read that MT4.2 is a challenge, but is MT4.1 easier?

Edit: just had confirmation of my assessment date, and they say they're going to even send a free travel voucher towards my journey! That's good of them - I've spent £hundreds on travel to other TOCs so far..

Good luck we do the DFFT not the mech test unless its changed. Plus what type of dots test did you do paper or computer?

Quickthorn

Good luck we do the DFFT not the mech test unless its changed. Plus what type of dots test did you do paper or computer?

OK. I've done something called DFFT (Drivers Fault Finding test), as part of the firstTPE assessment. I've also passed GBT (dots), TRP 1 and 2, Reactions and CBI (first TPE and GW don't do mech tests as part of the assessment). I wonder what else there is to do if there's no mech test?

It was the paper dots, btw.

Dave1987

On Moderation
OK. I've done something called DFFT (Drivers Fault Finding test), as part of the firstTPE assessment. I've also passed GBT (dots), TRP 1 and 2, Reactions and CBI (first TPE and GW don't do mech tests as part of the assessment). I wonder what else there is to do if there's no mech test?

It was the paper dots, btw.

We did do the fault fining test instead of the mech test, the one involving the solar train. If you have already passed all the OPC tests you may not have to sit anything and just go straight to the managers interview. Might depend on how good your pass was, because people are practicing the tests so much a good pass seems to be quite high!

Status
Not open for further replies.