• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf Ground Staff vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB

Established Member
For those that maybe interested...

Due to buisness expansions, GBRF are seeking ground staff (ATMs) based out of Warrington.

http://www.gbrailfreight.com/jobs.php?nid=91

It says they are looking for experienced ATMs however if you are interested I'd advise you apply anyway as you never know.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neville

GB im currently a CSA at an operator with no safety critical duties, do you think my lack of experience could hinder my application? Do you know what the promotion opportunities are like at GBRF?

cheers mate

GB

Established Member
Customer service is rated quite highly so it something that will be in your favour.

As for promotions, we had a new ATM start two years ago. He had no previous railway exp and is now training as a driver (TM).

Being as its a new depot being started whoever gets the groundstaff job will be first in the queue for any future trainee drivers positions at that location (after two years)

neville

cheers thats good to know. i'd be looking to relocate are they an open company in terms of employing people from different areas of the country, a few people i've spoken to seem to think that if you apply to a company thats in your area you are more likely to be selected to that of someone who is applying from another area?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
thanks for your help mate

Established Member
Ohnoes. The form says "Which traction do you sign?"

Do I have to admit / own up to signing 142s? :(

stroller

Just a minor point about this vacancy, really.

I applied and took the form to GBRf HQ by hand, as I didn't see the advert until the week that the vacancy closed. I received an extremely rapid response, saying that "...there were other candidates whose experience is closer to our requirements..."

Now, that's fine. I assume that I was not considered because I have no driving experience, although driving experience was not mentioned in the advert. I have, however, plenty of experience of what stated in the advert.

Even this thread is about Ground Staff vacancies. I would have thought that having over fifteen years' experience as a shunter (most of that with freight) and living twelve miles from Warrington would have given me a pretty good chance of at least getting an interview.

Any insight, please ?

Established Member
15 years on the railway, and they sent me the same 'get lost' letter ;)

GB

Established Member
That sounds very odd. If you have experience as a shunter then that should promote you up the list. I assume you have a drivers license?

Train driving experience has nothing to do with the ATM grade unless the grade is ATM(p) which I don't think this vaccancy is.

6Z09

It seems par for the course with several rail companies now,rail experience means you may have a mind of your own.
They seem to want people they can "mould" to their way of working.

cj_1985

i too got the "get lost" letter as 185 said...
oddly enough it must have been sent to me within minutes of them recieving my application forms... i sent the forms in the post on wenesday afternoon, got the letter from them first thing on friday morning...

fair enough i dont have previous work experience on railways (i do have history of working in freight and shunting)... but by the sounds of it... it wouldnt matter if i had

neville

I haven't received anything so guessing I wasn't successfu eitherl, not surprised judging by the experience you lads have though and you didnt get near. Seems like I didn't really stand a chance I'm a bit gutted not to have even got an interview but head up for next time

Status
Not open for further replies.