GBRF Stockport/Manchester trainees

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Red1980, 25 Nov 2019.

1. Claire-r

Claire-r Member

I’m happy to wait and be patient because all good things come to those who wait. Whether the interview was successful or unsuccessful, it was a good experience.

2. Railway123321

Railway123321 Member

Hello everyone, i have an interview for the trainee train manager role at Stockport coming up, and was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice/hinters as to what types of questions are asked and where i should focus my preperation? I really want to give this interview my all so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

3. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper Member

It's good that they're still going ahead with the hiring process on target. Presumably all two metres apart!

I'd say to you, get to know the company on the website. I take it you've passed the stage two mmi? Its not as much of a Spanish Inquisition, more common sense, some of what you said in your mmi and about you in general.

Im in the talent pool now after passing the medical with a possible summer training start. So I'm glad things are still moving forward and it might actually happen in summer! Good luck, relax and enjoy.

4. Railway123321

Railway123321 Member

Hey Dr pepper, thank you so much that's really useful. Yep passed MMI etc - I didn't make it very clear and should have said, i don't actually have a date for my interview! They just said they can't do it at current due to avoiding non essential contact, and once they're able to continue they will give me my date.... so in reality it could be months!

Good luck and i hope you get a date to start soon.

5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper Member

Ah OK, at least it will come at some point, you're still in it! A good old waiting game, forget it and it'll come quicker and be a nice surprise when the email lands. Thanks to a dodgy diet in a far away place we're all in limbo in every aspect of life! At least the zombies haven't risen yet.

6. LRV3004

LRV3004 Member

Has anyone had any further info? I had my medical at the beginning of the month. I was told I'd passed everything, however the drugs screening needed to be done at the lab. I've heard absolutely nothing since. Should I assume no news is good news? I'm not going to e-mail them as their HR department is probably working from home at the minute.
    Also, given the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, one would assume all recruitment has been placed on hold?

7. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper Member

I think it'll be knocked back until it all picks up again. You actually don't hear from the medical even though it says you both get a report in the letter. I had to email hr to find out. Probably working from home I reckon, most people are.