• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRF Stockport/Manchester trainees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DJD

Right on my doorstep that. I’m not sure whether I would qualify as I’ve got no previous groundstaff experience and not done any psychometric tests.

I would pay for a test if they would consider me. I would really love that job. It would be ideal for me.

Last edited:

Red1980

*correction*

Well keep your eyes peeled mate you never know what other vacancies come up.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Unless you know something I don’t, it states applicants MUST have passed a valid psychometric test in the past 5 years.

TTD85

Can only assume this is linked to the work they do at the Trafford Park Euro Terminal although that’s at the opposite end of the Manchester area to Stockport.

Don’t think there is a depot up there so must be new work?

TeaTrain

Hi I wanted to apply for this role but one of the questions is asking for the test centre I passed my tests and on what date. It was for Virgin Trains 3 years ago and it was conducted at their training centre in Crewe. I don't have any email or anything to know the exact date. Does anyone have some advice on how its possible to find that information? Thank you for your time.

Dave Tasty

If it was with the OPC then it may be worth calling or emailing them as they will have a record of you. You may have to supply some extra info such as your national insurance number but they should be able to help.

Red1980

Hi I wanted to apply for this role but one of the questions is asking for the test centre I passed my tests and on what date. It was for Virgin Trains 3 years ago and it was conducted at their training centre in Crewe. I don't have any email or anything to know the exact date. Does anyone have some advice on how its possible to find that information? Thank you for your time.

I'm pretty sure that even if it was in house like mine was that it still has to be on a national database somewhere as there may be times you'd of wanted to change TOC....every TOC needs to know that transferring candidates have passed their psychometric assessments.....its one of the questions on the transfer of safety information form every TOC uses.

I'd contact virgin directly if I were you. Although I'm sure if you were able to at least narrow it down to a month on your GBRF application form they'd find you once they did their checks.

TeaTrain

Thanks for the info. Yes I know the month and year but just not the exact day/date. I will mention I can provide additional details where possible.

LRV3004

Passed train driver psychometrics within the last five years? Check.
Previous groundstaff experience? Check.
Live within an hour of the depot? Check.
Application in? Check.
Let's see how this turns out!
Good luck everyone!

Red1980

Good luck
Passed train driver psychometrics within the last five years? Check.
Previous groundstaff experience? Check.
Live within an hour of the depot? Check.
Application in? Check.
Let's see how this turns out!
Good luck everyone![/QUOTE

Good luck.

Last edited:

LRV3004

Just went back onto their website to check something for a friend - it's no longer there so looks like it's closed. I did speak to someone at GBRf this morning and they did say at least 110 applications have been received.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
110 is a tiny amount of applications, I assume the restrictive/realistic essential requirements weeded out many thousands.

TeaTrain

Good luck to everyone who went for this! I think others will have far more experience in this. Don't have Groundstaff experience. The closest I have is being a conductor and getting onto the track at each morning if I started at 4am prepping the dvt and 67. Ah well. We will see how it goes anyway! :lol:

LRV3004

Good luck to everyone who went for this! I think others will have far more experience in this. Don't have Groundstaff experience. The closest I have is being a conductor and getting onto the track at each morning if I started at 4am prepping the dvt and 67. Ah well. We will see how it goes anyway! :lol:
Good luck! Would I be right in assuming you're with TfW at Crewe? I almost ended up there myself as a Conductor but DRS offered me a job first!

LRV3004

TfW at Holyhead. Was ATW when I was there. Good bunch of people!
Ah Holyhead! Applied to be a Conductor there once four years ago but was unsuccessful at interview! I was in the talent pool for Crewe but then DRS offered me my current role! Where abouts do you live though matey? The GBRf ad specified you must live in the Stockport/Manchester area. I live 15 minutes from Stockport, which is ironically where I was born and grew up!

TeaTrain

I am in Manchester. I moved a few years ago to here. Its only a 15 minute drive from my place so that side is covered. I am about a 3 minute walk from Piccadilly Station so not to bad. Its just a waiting game now as usual! Good luck though!

Red1980

They've advertised for trainees at Felixstowe as well now. Not sure if it's under the same parameters regarding existing test passes but good luck to all.

TeaTrain

I am a bit worried lol. Got to resit my tests for TPE next week so I better pass them again or else this application is down the drain!

LRV3004

They've advertised for trainees at Felixstowe as well now. Not sure if it's under the same parameters regarding existing test passes but good luck to all.
Pretty much same parameters but with two differences - must live within an hour of Felixstowe (obviously), and unlike the Stockport vacancy, previous groundstaff experience is essential, as opposed to preferred.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191212-124352~2.png
    Screenshot_20191212-124352~2.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 28

DanielPedro91

Ah Holyhead! Applied to be a Conductor there once four years ago but was unsuccessful at interview! I was in the talent pool for Crewe but then DRS offered me my current role! Where abouts do you live though matey? The GBRf ad specified you must live in the Stockport/Manchester area. I live 15 minutes from Stockport, which is ironically where I was born and grew up!
Have DRS offered you a role ? I was placed into the talent pool too but I am yet to hear from them

TeaTrain

Did anyone every hear back about this role? I am guessing I wasn't what they were looking for!

LRV3004

Ah well done to you! I assume then I didn't make the cut. Good luck!
Thanks, however until I receive an e-mail actually saying I've gone further, I'm still being cautious! Until you receive a rejection e-mail, then I wouldn't rule yourself out either just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.