• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GC new fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1609

Established Member
Do Grand central now allow railcard discounts on their fares?
Also is it worth upgrading to first class at weekends £65 quoted for a First Saver seems quite reasonable.
Is 5 hours a reasonable time for a day out in sunderland?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
Thats strange because thetrainline via grand centrals own site is definantly offering me a forces railcard discount on a saver ticket that is only available on GC trains for saturday £45.55 standard £65 first both return.

Darandio

Established Member
What is the situation with rovers and rangers now? Still cannot get this clarified, some people say you can use them, some say no.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Hmmmm.......I checked on my FASTIS cos I wasn't sure.......guess the machine is wrong again.....must get it checked!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Back in May the stated that they accept them but in reality they were not accepting them recently.

Jordy - when did you travel? what journey was it? If it's changed it must have been recent and not yet reflected on online booking sites.

Jordy

Established Member
Really? Yeh well that was back in May but I didn't realise they had since changed their minds! I did ask before boarding and they said the (North East) rover was valid.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've just realised we may have been talking about different things, I was replying to Darandios post

What is the situation with rovers and rangers now? Still cannot get this clarified, some people say you can use them, some say no.

I think you may have thought I meant railcards...?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I did mean railcards, and I thought you meant that too. So guess the statement on their website is still misleading (and against the trade descriptions act surely?)

To be honest, the management of the company is farcical. they mislead their customers and this places their (excellent) front line staff in dificult positions at times.

It's a shame because they get so many things right (that NXEC don't do) it's really only their daft ticket pricing policies and awful website that let them down.

I wish they would hurry up and sort it out, not for me but for you guys. Annoys me that GC staff dont get anything at all, even WSMR staff get TOC Cards issued through Chiltern!

Gizmogle

Established Member
They don't take priv (unless you ask realllly nicely apparently ;) but I've heard that they will start taking them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.