• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GC promotional AP fares available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
That offer is for cheap York to London returns. There is also an offer for cheap London to York day returns by Grand Central on page 15 of Modern Railways, May 2009.

John

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You can get singles by altering the URL and this works in Mobitix on any operators section of the site. Where it says &type=Return simply change it to &type=Single

The 'Returns' are actually 2x Singles anyway as Mobitix doesn't support 'returns' as such; it's just that the URL they give you only offers you 2 singles to make a 'return'.

anthony263

Established Member
I am rather tempted to take up this special offer especially if i can get a ride on a hst with valenta engines and a visit to the national rail museum in york.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting this, although for those of us unaware/forgetting them, what are the off-peak trains?
Peak trains on GC are what NXEC define as off peak.

Off peak trains on GC are what NXEC define as peak.

(as mentioned in my fares article a few months ago)

0622 SUN-KGX and 1650 KGX-SUN count as "peak" according to GC, and "off peak" according to NXEC (who set the "any permitted" fares)

0757 KGX-SUN counts as "peak" according to NXEC and "off peak" according to GC.

As this is a GC promotion, GC's rules apply.

simple.jpg
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.