• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GDPR The OPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanclarke

Hi There, I'm new to the forum

As the topic title suggests, out of nothing more than curiosity, does anyone know where The OPC stand with regards to the GDPR regs? I'm aware The OPC must keep psychometric test results and personal details on file if they are to monitor the 2 failed tests only rule. However I just wondered if anyone has any information on how they manage this with GDPR? Has anyone ever contacted them to remove their personal details? And if so, how could they possibly know once details have been removed that a candidate who has failed twice already might be undertaking a 3rd assessment?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
I am almost positive there will be some form of exemption within the GDPR regulations to cover the above.

Cyclist

My only experience of GDPR and the OPC is when they wouldn't give me a breakdown of my results (e.g. what I passed and failed) so I was forced to send a GDPR request for my info to them using the contact form on their website. They complied with the request and I finally learned I failed a single question of my CBI. I have no idea if they are required to remove your data but based on this experience if they are legally required to remove it they will certainly do so.

t_star2001uk

Hi There, I'm new to the forum

As the topic title suggests, out of nothing more than curiosity, does anyone know where The OPC stand with regards to the GDPR regs? I'm aware The OPC must keep psychometric test results and personal details on file if they are to monitor the 2 failed tests only rule. However I just wondered if anyone has any information on how they manage this with GDPR? Has anyone ever contacted them to remove their personal details? And if so, how could they possibly know once details have been removed that a candidate who has failed twice already might be undertaking a 3rd assessment?

Heres a small section from the ICO about right to erasure. So as OPC administer the test and reporting of the results, processing will remain necessary and the Right to erasure does not apply...

What is the right to erasure?
Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.

When does the right to erasure apply?
Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:

• the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which you originally collected or processed it for;

S-Car-Go

I finally learned I failed a single question of my CBI.
I feel your pain. First time I did OPC tests, I learned afterwards I passed everything but 19/20 for the interview part. I didn't reattempt for 8 years :lol: Cut a long story short, am now a trainee driver. Looking back, I can pinpoint the answer I screwed up and why it wasn't good enough. If you can remember the questions, try and reconstruct model answers. Resitting the tests again within a couple of years, all you'll have to do is the interview.

StaffsPM1

there have to be exemptions to everything otherwise you could be banned for drink driving then ask DVLA to delete all your driver records and then pass your test again and ningo! avoided a driving ban. Silly example but thats why there are exemptions.
You couldn't enforce the 2 fail rule if you could delete your data, police couldn't hold intellience on you or others etc etc

Cyclist

I feel your pain. First time I did OPC tests, I learned afterwards I passed everything but 19/20 for the interview part. I didn't reattempt for 8 years :lol: Cut a long story short, am now a trainee driver. Looking back, I can pinpoint the answer I screwed up and why it wasn't good enough. If you can remember the questions, try and reconstruct model answers. Resitting the tests again within a couple of years, all you'll have to do is the interview.
The GDPR request showed me the question that I failed so yes I can definitely improve my answer if I get a future opportunity!

Applepie356

Out of curiosity I actually sent a GDPR request to the OPC but they couldn’t provide me with anything regarding the tests I took, telling me to contact the ToC I did them with.

I always thought assessments done in-house had the results uploaded to an OPC central database or something...

Where exactly do the ToC’s upload your results to then?

Status
Not open for further replies.