• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
El Salvador vs Honduras in about 1973. A bad tempered World Cup qualifier descended into a riot, border skirmish and short nasty war.

Golghar

Yes, it was the two countries you named. The war took place in 1969 and was triggered off by a qualifier match for the 1970 World Cup. Your turn now Roebuck!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I've got a book on the Triangle on the shelf right behind me... The answer is Florida and Puerto Rico.

The floor has vanished, by the way...

Ivo

Established Member
To sell well and make money for the Sega Corporation :P

More specifically, to become a mascot for the company, much like Mario did for Nintendo.

This is basically right. Alex Kidd was the de facto mascot before Sonic, but SEGA wanted something permanent - thus Sonic was "born".

Ivo

Established Member
1880s (specifically 1889), as a producer of playing cards. They were a pretty minor company (certainly on an international level) until the 1970s.

Ivo

Established Member
The number of people who called me a liar at high school when I told them that fact :(

Anyhow, moving away from video games now, where might one find all the following things in one place?

Abbey, Copse, Club, Hangar, Village