• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

perryman

I only know this (well, I think i do) as I've relatively recent started playing regularly on chess.com and read an article about him. Carlsen has many facets to his bow other than the stereotypical 'nerdyness' of a chess grandmaster - he has been a male model, fairly successful entrepreneur/business person (his chess app merged with a larger partner and was then listed on the Oslo stock exchange). He is also a big football fan and for a while was top of the Fantasy Football League (around 7m players at the time). I don't think he finished 1st but was fairly high up the list. So I'll go with the FFL fact.

OhNoAPacer

I only know this (well, I think i do) as I've relatively recent started playing regularly on chess.com and read an article about him. Carlsen has many facets to his bow other than the stereotypical 'nerdyness' of a chess grandmaster - he has been a male model, fairly successful entrepreneur/business person (his chess app merged with a larger partner and was then listed on the Oslo stock exchange). He is also a big football fan and for a while was top of the Fantasy Football League (around 7m players at the time). I don't think he finished 1st but was fairly high up the list. So I'll go with the FFL fact.
Correct.
In December 2019 Magnus Carlsen made the top of the leader board for the English Premier Leagues official Fantasy Football League.

So, your move