• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveM70

Established Member
Thanks

Winston Churchill won the BBC’s “Greatest Briton” poll in 2002. The top ten after the initial vote each then had a programme where an advocate put forward their case. Who was Churchill’s advocate?

Efini92

Established Member
Thanks

Winston Churchill won the BBC’s “Greatest Briton” poll in 2002. The top ten after the initial vote each then had a programme where an advocate put forward their case. Who was Churchill’s advocate?
Boris Johnson?

DaleCooper

Established Member
2 days and no question so next qiestion:

Two battleships share the honour of the longest range hit by a moving ship on a moving target. HMS Warspite is one, what is the other?

Gloster

Established Member
Being a bit of a pedant, I would wonder if Scharnhorst was actually a battlecruiser. (*) However, the Germans fiddling of the Washington Treaty rules means it isn’t clear-cut. * - Spellcheck kept on wanting to use a large B (really): I think it misunderstood the meaning of the term ‘capital ship’.

Where would you find the remains of the most recent HMS Glatton?

TheEdge

Established Member
Being a bit of a pedant, I would wonder if Scharnhorst was actually a battlecruiser. (*) However, the Germans fiddling of the Washington Treaty rules means it isn’t clear-cut. * - Spellcheck kept on wanting to use a large B (really): I think it misunderstood the meaning of the term ‘capital ship’.

Where would you find the remains of the most recent HMS Glatton?

They straddle the line, similar to the Kongo class of the IJN. More heavily armed than a traditional battlecruiser design but nowhere near as much as a proper battleship.

And going off your clue for the answer. Port of Dover?

Gloster

Established Member
They straddle the line, similar to the Kongo class of the IJN. More heavily armed than a traditional battlecruiser design but nowhere near as much as a proper battleship.

And going off your clue for the answer. Port of Dover?

Correct. She (or most of her) was moved in 1925/1926 as the remains were an obstruction. They now lie under the car-ferry terminal.

For you two gentlemen to decide who sets the next question.

TheEdge

Established Member
Well then, keeping to a theme.

Where would one find the earthly remains of the Admiral Scheer?