• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

krus_aragon

Established Member
Must be Lego. It comes from the Danish - "Leg godt", meaning "to play well".

It only came in five colours initially.

Bingo!

Bricks were originally made in red, yellow, blue, black and white. Green/brown were avoided because they can be military colours, and Lego bricks were intended as a peaceful toy.

Your floor.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Okay.

Angola. Turkmenistan. Dominican Republic. New Zealand. Malawi.

Which is the odd one out and why?

The Dominican Republic is the only one nowadays, without working public (as opposed maybe to industrial / agricultural) railways?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Is it that the flag of Angola is the only one of the five without any white on it?

TheEdge

Established Member
Is New Zealand the only one that has rejected a new flag with no colonial symbols on it?

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Now if I was being vexatious I would say "That's not the answer I'm looking for"; but of course I'm not and it is.

Yes she was Mike Nesmith's mother, your turn...

Finally!!! A high school assignment that pays off...!

#

Where is the most distant thought of love and intimacy?

me123

Established Member
Is it a recording/engraving carried on the Voyager 1 space probe perchance?

Last edited:

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Is it a recording/engraving carried on the Voyager 1 space probe perchance?

Bloody hell, that went quicker compared to estimates!

Yes, quite correct. When the discs were being made, Sagan's brand new fiance suggested putting brain waves and thoughts onto it. She was duly recorded for an hour's worth of thinking and, just before the end, thought about love and intimacy... Nowadays, we'd stick an e-reader loaded with the Fifty Shades series aboard!

The launch pad is yours, me123

me123

Established Member
We are, after all, the only example of life that we know of in the universe, and Voyager 1 is the furthest we have ever explored. Logical guess really.

Anyway, I'm going to ask my next question but am only looking for an answer at a very basic level. How do the lungs regulate pH in the body?

me123

Established Member
You could write several thousand more pages about that, but that's simple and accurate. Exactly what I was looking for.

Proceed Dale.

DaleCooper

Established Member
You could write several thousand more pages about that, but that's simple and accurate. Exactly what I was looking for.

Proceed Dale.

I had an unfair advantage, I'm the proud owner of a vintage pair of working lungs.

Next question:

Bush, Hill, Way, Zombie

What is the musical link?

(There may be more than one so as long as you can justify your answer I will accept it.)

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I had an unfair advantage, I'm the proud owner of a vintage pair of working lungs.

Next question:

Bush, Hill, Way, Zombie

What is the musical link?

(There may be more than one so as long as you can justify your answer I will accept it.)

All had chart entries in 2002

fowler9

Established Member
Kate. I wanted it to be Rob or White in relation to Zombie but I am sure I have heard of a Kate Zombie and deffo of a Kate Bush. Other than that it is a guess.

Last edited: