• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
The police smashing in to the player when chasing?

Indeed, an apparently really rather boring and sloppy pursuit game was vastly improved when an AI bug made the police cars actively try to ram the player off the road.

Your floor

Efini92

Established Member
Yes, Jimi Hendrix played it live 2/3 days (sources vary) after the album's release. Paul McCartney was in the audience. Your turn...
He spoke about that very event last night at Glastonbury. Hendrix ended up detuning his guitar and asked Eric Clapton (who was in the audience) to tune it for him.

What was the penultimate song played at Wembley during the Live Aid concert in 1985?

MotCO

Established Member
is it something acronym-ish?

Punjab
Something beginning with A
Kashmir
Something beginning with I
Then Stan just meaning land?

Yes, that's right (A is for Afghan). The 'I' might come from the 'I' in Sindh, but views differ. The full answer is Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, Sindh, and Baluchistan.

Although @GRALISTAIR got the full answer, you got most of it right first, so I ask you to take the floor.

TheEdge

Established Member
What's the (possibly apocryphal) reason British battle tanks have a long history of having an eye painted on the hull or turret?