• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting from Derby to Peterborough by bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comstock

Can it be done in anything like a reasonable journey?

I know how to get to Nottingham or Leicester, but that's it. Where would I go from there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
Traveline? You used to be able to get from notts to Peterborough by one bus, however those days are long gone.

peterblue

Going via Nottingham and Rutland is a bit quicker and a bit more scenic (IMO).

19 is every 2 hours but everything else is fairly frequent. So the timings can be altered.
I'd say it's about 5 hours with 4 buses.

TrentBarton Red Arrow from Derby to Nottingham, every 10 min
Centrebus 19 from Nottingham to Melton Mowbray, dep 10:35 arr 11:23
Centrebus RutlandFlyer from Melton Mowbrary to Corby, dep 11:25 arr 12:48
Stagecoach X4 from Corby to Peterborough, dep 13:15, arr 14:24

Megafuss

Skylink Derby to Leicester. X7 Leicester to Market Harborough, 18 Market Harborough to Kettering, X4 Kettering to Peterborough

If you go via Nottingham than it is best to take the Yourbus "Y5" service or the Wellglade Trent Barton "i4" or "indigo" services between Derby and Nottingham as they are much cheaper then the Red Arrow coach service.

pjnathanail

If you go via Nottingham than it is best to take the Yourbus "Y5" service or the Wellglade Trent Barton "i4" or "indigo" services between Derby and Nottingham as they are much cheaper then the Red Arrow coach service.

I would have to disagree with this, the time saving of using the Red Arrow is approximately half an hour compared to i4 / Indigo / Y5 and the price differential for a single ticket is only £1.60 (£3.60 single on i4 / £5.20 single on Red Arrow).

pjnathanail

Can it be done in anything like a reasonable journey?

I know how to get to Nottingham or Leicester, but that's it. Where would I go from there?

Would you consider using National Express? If so, I would suggest NX440 to Leicester then NX350 to Peterborough. A pleasant journey via country roads, and not overly expensive, albeit you don't get a huge amount of choice over when to travel!

Status
Not open for further replies.