• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting one's rear end into gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom B

Established Member
Having been busy most of these holidays :( I decided to fire up vi this morning to do a little coding.

hammer1.JPG

This *is* just part of an afternoon's work, so very much WIP at present.

I'm also trying to get some animated pointwork to work, which should look pretty cool when it's done *kicks machine*

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Wow, looks ace! Animated pointwork? I guess that was what you were asking people to test about a month ago then? :D That, if possible, would be a HUGE break through in BVE! :D

Tom B

Established Member
No, it wasn't actually. The idea came to me a couple of nights ago at about half ten, I spent a couple of hours on it but just can't seem to get it to work correctly...... it's actually a really dead simple trick.

Derek Kaye

animate pointwork.. sweet.. does this involve use of the .sigf command? could it be translated accross for use on crossings/flashing sigs?

Tom B

Established Member
Indeed it does! Crossings yes - though I don't know how good it would look, as you only realistically get 2 frames. With points, it's not too bad as they generally throw very quickly, but it would be nigh-on impossible to do crossings with multi-frame animation. Again as you only really get two frames, flashing sigs wouldn't be possible / easy.

Tom B

Established Member
A little addition

hammer2.jpg

Not bad for an afternoon's work considering I've not touched BVE for a couple of months. Now off to try this wonderful Maybank again :D!

The Snap

Established Member
I thought that. I thought that you could use two object files, and make them switch between each other klike a signal feather would do. Very simply I supose, but effective. Keep trying Tom! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.