• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Girls killed by train at crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexS

Established Member
Dan kind of has the point I'm trying to make. People get very distressed when their family members are killed in such a nasty way, particularly children, and so will say such things as these parents have. Instead of being understanding however, and just quietly shaking your head in the background, for example, you come out with a bunch of tripe as if these poor people are actually going to get anything changed and it's something for the railways to worry about!

See from their perspective, you are going to be looking for someone to blame, and you don't want it to be your children who have just died so tragically. You're obviously going to strike out in anyway possible.

I personally believe these footcrossings at stations, even at places like Elsenham, are outdated anyway. A footbridge would indeed be far safer, more of a modern thing to have. At my local place, we still don't have a footbridge since it got knocked down, instead we have to go under the tracks on the mainroad on a narrow footpath. But I'd rather that than have to cross the running lines! (Quiet though the line may seem at times, on average there is a train through approx every 10 minutes or less).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.