• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Cornwall Bus

markymark2000

On Moderation
the registration has been changed to subsidy:No
Other options are part and yes
I know but that section from Bude to Hartland is made up of 2 return trips. 1 of which is a school route (which will likely remain tendered) and the other is a dead millage trip. They may run the dead millage trip commercially because it's better for them compared to the running dead to Hartland for the 319 to Barnstable.

Given it's only 2 trips and 1 of them is a dead millage trip, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MB162435

Established Member
Can't really see Stagecoach expanding into Cornwall any further, between them FK and GCB have pretty much everything covered, can't think of where Stagecoach could run routes that nobody else currently or are planning to operate?

3 major operators in Cornwall would make the bus scene pretty crowded, GCB are already battling to get things going as it is, so Stagecoach would certainly struggle to find places to keep buses and recruit staff in Cornwall

Goldfish62

Established Member
It also makes you wonder if the independents driving staff will have to take training at PCB to bring them up to there standard
It's a good point. PCB are going to have to monitor and manage the performance and standards of its contractors. Any problems with them and the buck stops with PCB as it it holds the contract for the services.

richw

Veteran Member
It's a good point. PCB are going to have to monitor and manage the performance and standards of its contractors. Any problems with them and the buck stops with PCB as it it holds the contract for the services.

The vehicles the council are servicing and cleaning will presumably be owned by GA too.
OTS have announced brand new Mercs, presumably GA are paying enough to cover the lease/ depreciation plus all other operating costs plus profit for example.
Paying Cormac will be at market rate to avoid breach of fair competition rules, so they’ve sub contracted cormac/ Corserv to manage and maintain and clean their vehicles. There seems to be very little in house involvement.

richw

Veteran Member
Although no timetable details, note some of these will be just evenings/Sundays over current First routes. Routes are as follows, and there maybe more to be registered just yet;

- 5 Paul & Sheffield to Penzance

- 7 St Ives to Lands End via Zennor and St Just

- 8 St Just to Long Rock via Sancreed and Penzance

- 10 Bodmin Parkway Station to Launceston via Wadebridge, Polzeath, Port Isaac, Delabole and Camelford (mentions route 95 in registration too)

- 16 St Ives to Penzance (Roscadghill Park)

- 16A St Ives to Penzance (Roscadghill Park)

- 21 Newquay to St Austell

- 22 Truro to St Austell

- 24 Fowey to Mevagissey

- 25 Newquay to Fowey

- 27 Bodmin to Truro

- 30 St Austell Town Service

- 34 Redruth to Lizard

- 36 Truro to Helston

- 36A Helston to St Keverne via Coverack

- 37 Helston Town Service

- 37A Helston Town Service

- 38 Camborne to Helston

- 39 Helston to Camborne

- 39A Penzance to Camborne

- 45 Troon to Pool via Beacon, Camborne and Tolvaddon

- 46 Truro to Camborne

- 47 Truro to Camborne

- 50 St Mawes to Truro

- 54 Bodmin Town Service

- 56 Newquay to Padstow via Watergate Bay and Constantine

- 58 Newquay Town Service

- 59 Newquay to Treloggan

- 85 Newquay to Truro

- 85A Zelah to Penair School via Trispen

- 87 Newquay to Truro

- 88 Newquay to Redruth via Blackwater and Goonhavern

- 91 Truro to Newquay

- 95 Bude to Wadebridge

- 112 Callington Community College to Minions

- 128 Pougill to Stratton

- 201 Bodmin College to Warleggan via Mount

- 216 Bude to Cribb

- 217 Bude to Hartland

- 218 Bude circular via Bridgerule

- 219 Bude to Hartland

- 220 Crackington Haven to Launceston

- 223 Launceston Town Service

- 236 Liskeard to Launceston

- 371 Warbstow Cross to Launceston via North Tamerton

- 372 Warbstow Cross to Holsworthy via Whitstone

- 373 Warbstow Cross to Bude via Marhamchurch

- 425 North Petherwin to Attarnun via Launceston

- 515 Hayle to Penzance

- A1 Penzance to Lands End

- A17 Pendeen to St Ives

- M6 Penzance to Mousehole

- T1 Penzance to Truro

- T2 St Ives to Truro

- U4 Penzance to Penryn Campus

Hope that helps!

Summercourt travel, no route details: routes 22, 23, 25, 28, 51, 66 and 496

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Cormac Fleet and Facilities, part of the Corserv Group, have announced they will be recruiting for over 80 new cleaning and maintenance jobs in connection with the new Go Cornwall contract.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Cormac Fleet and Facilities, part of the Corserv Group, have announced they will be recruiting for over 80 new cleaning and maintenance jobs in connection with the new Go Cornwall contract.
They'll be there dreckly. ;)

MB162435

Established Member
Although no timetable details, note some of these will be just evenings/Sundays over current First routes. Routes are as follows, and there maybe more to be registered just yet;

- 5 Paul & Sheffield to Penzance

- 7 St Ives to Lands End via Zennor and St Just

- 8 St Just to Long Rock via Sancreed and Penzance

- 10 Bodmin Parkway Station to Launceston via Wadebridge, Polzeath, Port Isaac, Delabole and Camelford (mentions route 95 in registration too)

- 16 St Ives to Penzance (Roscadghill Park)

- 16A St Ives to Penzance (Roscadghill Park)

- 21 Newquay to St Austell

- 22 Truro to St Austell

- 24 Fowey to Mevagissey

- 25 Newquay to Fowey

- 27 Bodmin to Truro

- 30 St Austell Town Service

- 34 Redruth to Lizard

- 36 Truro to Helston

- 36A Helston to St Keverne via Coverack

- 37 Helston Town Service

- 37A Helston Town Service

- 38 Camborne to Helston

- 39 Helston to Camborne

- 39A Penzance to Camborne

- 45 Troon to Pool via Beacon, Camborne and Tolvaddon

- 46 Truro to Camborne

- 47 Truro to Camborne

- 50 St Mawes to Truro

- 54 Bodmin Town Service

- 56 Newquay to Padstow via Watergate Bay and Constantine

- 58 Newquay Town Service

- 59 Newquay to Treloggan

- 85 Newquay to Truro

- 85A Zelah to Penair School via Trispen

- 87 Newquay to Truro

- 88 Newquay to Redruth via Blackwater and Goonhavern

- 91 Truro to Newquay

- 95 Bude to Wadebridge

- 112 Callington Community College to Minions

- 128 Pougill to Stratton

- 201 Bodmin College to Warleggan via Mount

- 216 Bude to Cribb

- 217 Bude to Hartland

- 218 Bude circular via Bridgerule

- 219 Bude to Hartland

- 220 Crackington Haven to Launceston

- 223 Launceston Town Service

- 236 Liskeard to Launceston

- 371 Warbstow Cross to Launceston via North Tamerton

- 372 Warbstow Cross to Holsworthy via Whitstone

- 373 Warbstow Cross to Bude via Marhamchurch

- 425 North Petherwin to Attarnun via Launceston

- 515 Hayle to Penzance

- A1 Penzance to Lands End

- A17 Pendeen to St Ives

- M6 Penzance to Mousehole

- T1 Penzance to Truro

- T2 St Ives to Truro

- U4 Penzance to Penryn Campus

Hope that helps!

Summercourt travel, no route details: routes 22, 23, 25, 28, 51, 66 and 496
Very helpful indeed, certainly far more services then I was expecting

Interesting to see some are numbers are staying the same, but some are changing.
Wonder why the L2 is going back to it's old number of 36 but the L1 is becoming the 34, with the 37 becoming the Helston town service

Should only be a matter of weeks until the timetables are released to give a full picture of what GCB are offering

richw

Veteran Member

Interesting to see some are numbers are staying the same, but some are changing.
Wonder why the L2 is going back to it's old number of 36 but the L1 is becoming the 34, with the 37 becoming the Helston town service

Should only be a matter of weeks until the timetables are released to give a full picture of what GCB are offering

some of the tendered routes are literally one evening run, or sundays only

MB162435

Established Member
some of the tendered routes are literally one evening run, or sundays only
Isn't Sunday workings based on overtime with Kernow anyway, so possibly just less overtime for Kernow drivers with earlier finishes in the week?

GCB drivers will probably be contracted to work Sundays, which I know GWR are starting to do with newly recruited train crew to tackle Sunday shortages

busKernow

The L1 is going to be First The Lizard Helston Truro !

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The interesting one to me is the 7, St Ives to Land's End via Zennor, only currently possible seasonally by open top. It may well incorporate the current 16 journeys from St Ives to Zennor, but it does appear to be a new (or reintroduced) direct journey opportunity - I do hope it's more than one return journey, at least.

richw

Veteran Member
Isn't Sunday workings based on overtime with Kernow anyway, so possibly just less overtime for Kernow drivers with earlier finishes in the week?

no we’re contracted 24/7 at First. At Summercourt I think last time I looked we have 5 Sunday duties so don’t do many

MB162435

Established Member
The L1 is going to be First The Lizard Helston Truro !
Ah an interesting but sensible route, although I wonder how in demand it can be given that it will be commercial, unlike team GCB/CC, Kernow have kept their cards close to their chest so far

richw

Veteran Member
The interesting one to me is the 7, St Ives to Land's End via Zennor, only currently possible seasonally by open top. It may well incorporate the current 16 journeys from St Ives to Zennor, but it does appear to be a new (or reintroduced) direct journey opportunity - I do hope it's more than one return journey, at least.
p

The 7 is currently operated by the penwith community minibus daily all year round.

MB162435

Established Member
no we’re contracted 24/7 at First. At Summercourt I think last time I looked we have 5 Sunday duties so don’t do many
That's why I normally see the same drivers on Sundays, obviously Sunday workings increase during the Summer although by how much will be unvailed in May

Are the additional Sunday workings in the Summer going over to GCB or are they commercial like at Summercourt with the hourly 87 and extra A5s, and short 85s?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
p

The 7 is currently operated by the penwith community minibus daily all year round.
That one escaped me. It's a great shame there's so little publicity on these minibus routes, like the 609 (now to be route 8) and 515 too. Hopefully this will change with all this new money sloshing around.

Goldfish62

Established Member
so is the First kernow L1 staying or going? or is it being taken over by go Ahead or just being stopped?
It becomes route 34 under PCB, but FK have also registered a commercial L1 between Truro and the Lizard via Helston.

richw

Veteran Member
Timetables on traveline SW.
some interesting frequency increases more than previously mentioned

Goldfish62

Established Member
Timetables on traveline SW.
some interesting frequency increases more than previously mentioned
Definitely very interesting!

Eg, route 5 (PCB) becomes hourly all day, plus a two hourly evening service.

A1/2/3 (FK) full summer timetable introduced on 29 March.

16 and 16A (PCB) both have extra journeys.

richw

Veteran Member
Had a quick glimpse through. Lizard and the 50 get an uplift, Sunday evening service to Threemilestone, and Newquay locals. What else caught your eye?

hourly full route 25. (Summercourt Travel have also made a 25 registration)
Hourly Redruth to lizard from 8am TIL 8pm.
Hourly 58 as well as the new 59. 58 carries maybe 2-3 passengers 2 hourly at present.
‘56’ Newquay to padstow as well as FSW going commercial on A5. Haven’t seen a new A5 timetable but most 56 journeys are a few minutes behind the current A5 timetable!
FSW new L1, Truro college to Truro to Helston to lizard by main road
I can only see a 27 Truro to st Austell in evenings with no Bodmin part.
Lots of routes as expected with early morning and late evening with no daytime services. I imagine that makes scheduling interesting.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Definitely very interesting!

Eg, route 5 (PCB) becomes hourly all day, plus a two hourly evening service.

A1/2/3 (FK) full summer timetable introduced on 29 March.

16 and 16A (PCB) both have extra journeys.
Seem to remember the evening service on the 5 got removed all those years ago because of stones getting thrown at buses - hope that doesn't recur.

jammy36

Has there been any announcement regarding ticketing arrangements, etc? Hopefully there will be some integrated ticketing arrangements, especially for those services where FK operate the daytime service and GCB the morning/evening subsidised runs.

As an example, currently the first T1 from Penzance to Truro leaves Penzance at 06:07, arriving Camborne 06:51 and then Truro 07:54. The leg from Penzance to Camborne is seemingly subsidised.

The new GCB timetable shows the first T1 departing Penzance at 06:03 (so a slightly earlier start) and arriving at Camborne (where it terminates) at 06:51. Presumably the intention is that passengers will now have to change at Camborne to catch the FK 06:55 departure?

The seemingly crazy thing is that there is a GCB T1 departure from Camborne at 06:45 that arrives in Truro at 07:39 - so the GCB from Penzance arrives at Camborne 6 minutes after the GCB for Truro departs. Surely a more logical arrangement where the GCB service operated all the way through from Penzance to Truro could have been arrived at?

Even if ticketing arrangements have been sorted out, this still leaves other issues - for example what happens if the arriving GCB is late, presumably a missed connection and a longer wait at Camborne? I can't imagine FK holding their departure to connect with a late running GCB service! Not necessarily the end of the world, but worse for passengers. Similarly what happens if FK decide they need to reschedule their departure slightly earlier - for example to improve punctuality at the Truro end - and there are operational reasons why GCB can't adjust their service (especially as I suspect there will be some complex scheduling/drivers boards for GCB to juggle with)?

Hopefully everything will have been sorted, ticketing arrangements in place and all runs smoothly. It would be useful to start getting such details out soon however - there will be passengers needing to renew monthly tickets in the very near future who will want to know if their ticket will still cover their journeys (or who might be in for a surprise from 29 March).

DaveHarries

Established Member
hourly full route 25. (Summercourt Travel have also made a 25 registration)
Hourly Redruth to lizard from 8am TIL 8pm.
Hourly 58 as well as the new 59. 58 carries maybe 2-3 passengers 2 hourly at present.
‘56’ Newquay to padstow as well as FSW going commercial on A5. Haven’t seen a new A5 timetable but most 56 journeys are a few minutes behind the current A5 timetable!
FSW new L1, Truro college to Truro to Helston to lizard by main road
I can only see a 27 Truro to st Austell in evenings with no Bodmin part.
Lots of routes as expected with early morning and late evening with no daytime services. I imagine that makes scheduling interesting.
GCB have registered a Service 21. Roughly hourly service. Runs Newquay - St. Austell on Mondays to Saturdays but Sunday and Bank Holiday journeys operating beyond St. Austell to / from Charlestown.

Meanwhile I am surprised as to the lack of daytime journeys between St. Austell and Mevagissey with the new Service 24 TT giving morning and evening journeys only. I imagine something will come in as a daytime service. Or perhaps FK will cover the 24 daytime journeys on a commercial basis?

Dave

Goldfish62

Established Member
Has there been any announcement regarding ticketing arrangements, etc? Hopefully there will be some integrated ticketing arrangements, especially for those services where FK operate the daytime service and GCB the morning/evening subsidised runs.

As an example, currently the first T1 from Penzance to Truro leaves Penzance at 06:07, arriving Camborne 06:51 and then Truro 07:54. The leg from Penzance to Camborne is seemingly subsidised.

The new GCB timetable shows the first T1 departing Penzance at 06:03 (so a slightly earlier start) and arriving at Camborne (where it terminates) at 06:51. Presumably the intention is that passengers will now have to change at Camborne to catch the FK 06:55 departure?

The seemingly crazy thing is that there is a GCB T1 departure from Camborne at 06:45 that arrives in Truro at 07:39 - so the GCB from Penzance arrives at Camborne 6 minutes after the GCB for Truro departs. Surely a more logical arrangement where the GCB service operated all the way through from Penzance to Truro could have been arrived at?

Even if ticketing arrangements have been sorted out, this still leaves other issues - for example what happens if the arriving GCB is late, presumably a missed connection and a longer wait at Camborne? I can't imagine FK holding their departure to connect with a late running GCB service! Not necessarily the end of the world, but worse for passengers. Similarly what happens if FK decide they need to reschedule their departure slightly earlier - for example to improve punctuality at the Truro end - and there are operational reasons why GCB can't adjust their service (especially as I suspect there will be some complex scheduling/drivers boards for GCB to juggle with)?

Hopefully everything will have been sorted, ticketing arrangements in place and all runs smoothly. It would be useful to start getting such details out soon however - there will be passengers needing to renew monthly tickets in the very near future who will want to know if their ticket will still cover their journeys (or who might be in for a surprise from 29 March).
I agree with all this.

A case in point is the M6. On Mon-Sat PCB are only running the first two journeys, plus, in winter only, the last three journeys. This suggests that FK have registered the Summer evening service commercially. On Sundays the PCB service is two hourly, increasing to hourly in the evenings, suggesting that FK have registered an interworking two hourly service during the daytime.

Joint ticketing surely has to be in place in this instance.