• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Good, friendly and value for money B&B's in Inverness ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zod

Apologies for starting this in a separate thread. I think it was very partially covered in a previous thread but hopefully it may get more exposure now.
I'm going to be spending a short break , early Spring, in the Highlands. I need to have a central base and Inverness is the perfect spot as it allows access to Kyle, Fort William, Thurso/Wick and Aberdeen. Can anyone recommend a good B&B for me to use during my excursion ? Obviously it must be within walking distance of the railway station ( 30 mins) and offer a hearty breakfast to start the day. Not too worried about TV etc but cleanliness is essesntial. Budget is going to be £25-40 pp per night.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flymo

Established Member
Actually this is something I would like to ask as well. Nothing really railway related but planning to take my father up to his see his old RAF base near Cape Wrath and would like to stay a couple of nights in Inverness as a base. Been looking online but any help with B&Bs is always useful.

Sorry for using your thread General, just trying to keep things in one place.:D

Tomnick

Established Member
We stayed in a cracking little B&B named Silverstrands after cycling from Fort William. It's not too far from the station, with a friendly welcome and an excellent breakfast - I'd definitely recommend it! Details here.

Status
Not open for further replies.