• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Goodnight Mr Bond. Roger Moore KBE Passes Away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgwrich

Established Member
Very sorry to see the brilliant Roger Moore has passed away today at the age of 89 after a short battle with Cancer. Rest In Piece The Saint.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...er-moore-dies-aged-89/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore dies aged 89 after short battle with cancer

Roger Moore
23 MAY 2017 • 2:31PM
James Bond actor dies in Switzerland aged 89
Family say he had short battle with cancer
Statement says: 'We are all devastated'
Moore portrayed 007 in seven Bond films
He is also remembered for role in The Saint
Sir Roger Moore – The Telegraph obituary
Former James Bond star Sir Roger Moore has died in Switzerland at the age of 89 after a short battle with cancer, his family has announced.

A message shared on the actor's official Twitter account read: "With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated."

Sir Roger Moore
Sir Roger Moore CREDIT:
The statement continued: "It is with a heavy heart that we must announce our loving father, Sir Roger Moore, has passed away today in Switzerland after a short but brave battle with cancer.

"The love with which he was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone."

Attachments

• IMG_9919.JPG
    IMG_9919.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
He was a very funny man off screen when interviewed. RIP Roger.

deltic1989

Established Member
Sipping Martinis with the big man now.

I'm a massive Bond fan, and hearing of Sir Roger's passing fills me with sadness.
After Sean Connery's portrayal of Bond, Roger Moore had some large shoes to fill. Which he did effortlessly, bringing a suave humour to the role, which has yet to be beaten.
In my opinion his portrayal of Bond was the best, and I will never be swayed from that. I have re-watched the Moore films more than any of the others.

A sad loss, thoughts with his family.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Sipping Martinis with the big man now.

I'm a massive Bond fan, and hearing of Sir Roger's passing fills me with sadness.
After Sean Connery's portrayal of Bond, Roger Moore had some large shoes to fill. Which he did effortlessly, bringing a suave humour to the role, which has yet to be beaten.
In my opinion his portrayal of Bond was the best, and I will never be swayed from that. I have re-watched the Moore films more than any of the others.

A sad loss, thoughts with his family.

Seconded. Roger Moore was "my" bond - just like Tom Baker was "my" Doctor Who. I never really enjoyed any of the films that followed. He'll be sadly missed.

Butts

Veteran Member
Seconded. Roger Moore was "my" bond - just like Tom Baker was "my" Doctor Who. I never really enjoyed any of the films that followed. He'll be sadly missed.

Although Moore was good in his own way, there is only one true Bond - Connery.

However there was also only one Saint - Moore :p

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Although Moore was good in his own way, there is only one true Bond - Connery.

However there was also only one Saint - Moore :p

I do vaguely remember The Saint, but I must have been quite young then. I seem to recall having a model Jaguar XJS (Corgi?) when I was a kid.

Butts

Veteran Member
I do vaguely remember The Saint, but I must have been quite young then. I seem to recall having a model Jaguar XJS (Corgi?) when I was a kid.

That was the Ian Ogilvy Saint - Moore drove a Volvo P1800 Sports Car:idea:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Sir Roger was not my choice as the best Bond, but by all accounts he was a very good humoured man who knew his own limitations as an actor and poked fun at himself as much as anyone did. He will be missed.

deltic1989

Established Member
Sir Roger was not my choice as the best Bond, but by all accounts he was a very good humoured man who knew his own limitations as an actor and poked fun at himself as much as anyone did. He will be missed.

I have to agree with him being good humoured. I happened to catch an excerpt from an interview on the TV yesterday where he said that he never felt much like a hero, but was always cast as one. He said that because of this he always played heroic characters in a very tongue in cheek manner, which is evident in all his appearances as James Bond.
In my opinion the best evidence of his sense of humour was his appearance in The Cannonball Run. In a way this was a humourus cameo, where he also poked fun at his role as Bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.